Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello friends ... how different do you think reading online and offline players? Is it more difficult for them to do it online since they don't have the players in front of their eyes? Regards.:idea:

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! I think in online games, in order to at least somehow understand this or that player, you must first observe his answers to the aggression of rivals. Sincerely, Sergey.

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After 15+ years off/on of online playing, I am pretty good at reading players.

It only takes attention.

If I am bored, watching a TV show while playing a freeroll, or trying to play too many games at one time (like I presume wannabe online pros are doing, judging by most of the recent "pro" tips vids I have seen) , then you can only play the cards, not the players, which is at least half the game.

I don't use any HUD or tracker software (BS, IMHO), and I dissuade anyone from going that route. Learn the game, there are no shortcuts.

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly, I haven't played live much at all, except a few friendly home games. I think I would do well though, practiced my poker face as a child, cheating at Monopoly ;)

Alex_Ogienko

Alex_Ogienko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online to read opponents use the size of the bets, how long the opponents use the time bank and as a whole what line the rival leads. offline you can see it all with your own eyes. but I would not overestimate the ability to read an opponent offline.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online to read opponents use the size of the bets, how long the opponents use the time bank and as a whole what line the rival leads. offline you can see it all with your own eyes. but I would not overestimate the ability to read an opponent offline.
I agree.
usually for me the size of the bets, the time for making a decision and the constancy of the opponent in certain actions
although I think that even this is useless at micro limits where most players work wonders

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in a tournament it’s very difficult to read an opponent because they often change seats, in a cash game you sit at the same table and watch how your opponents play and their playing style does not change and you can easily read a player

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that reading the players offline is easier than online players. On the real table, you can see with your eyes everything of the person you are playing against, but in online playing you can only trust on time bank or the sizes of the bets. Playing offline is very very difficult, you must play very various, if do not diversify your hands and play only in one style, you are dead.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
(offline = Sitting out or Live poker, it doesn't matter)
There is less info in online poker than in live poker. Making decisions at a lower stakes is a bit more template.
I guess at the offline player you meant the live poker player.

F

frankarmes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it's harder to play online, you don't see the person you cannot read him/her.

I

imhereforfreerolls

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In online poker you need some time to check opponent's playstyle.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play online intuitively resolving issues as they arise. Read the player is not possible. Now he plays like a fish, and after a while he picks up the stack he will only play on the premium card. It also interferes with transplanting to other tables. Other players and again need to watch.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's definitely harder to read people online but there are still timing and bet sizing tells online.

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It´s very difficult read hands of online poker.
Becuase it depends on situations to be able to read hands.
There is a superstition that they´ve complexed hands to decide if the players raised slowly. However, it´s a possibility to respond slowly because of checking mobile.
Therefore, it´s so difficult.

H

HeidyD

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is really hard to play online but at the same time very interesting. It is easier to play when you see the person's face and can guess from his/her expression what will be the next step. Online we don't have such possibility and just guess. Sometimes we are lucky sometimes no. I had such a situation when I found light novel websites. There I have found different novels in a new format. I was surprised that we have new authors that are so talented. Of course, there I have found a book that didn't impress me a lot but this is. The good thing is that I found the others which were the best.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, in online games you can't see your opponents and can't detect their movements, breathing rate, posture, hand position, etc. Evaluate the size of the bet, the frequency of raises, continued bets, but most of the information will give you draws in which you do not participate, watch your opponent, how he reacts to raises, what cards he opens, this information is much more important than the time of the call or the size of the raises.:)

etouu79

etouu79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is easier for me to be able to read their movements live than online and why is the following, I notice their nervous or excited moments, if they swallow too much saliva or not, some of their hands shake, others move their body a lot And so, that is the difference that I make live, I can see much more.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A good reading of your opponent gives you a great advantage over him, in compensation if you do not have a good reading you will be out of the game:).

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for me it is much easier to read at live table. Online I try to note the most significant factors such as preflop line vs position, playing the streets, etc.

It helps....until I lose
:stupido:

MikeDTT

MikeDTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reading helps you understand opponents , but its not for all

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Somehow I do not pay attention to reading apponents or pay little attention.I try of course to make some notes

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes

It's much harder to get a read on a online player.

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In online you could use HUDs, it could help with understanding your opponent better.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello friends ... how different do you think reading online and offline players? Is it more difficult for them to do it online since they don't have the players in front of their eyes? Regards.:idea:

Not really connected, just remember a live tourney broadcast before covid, 2 young guys paid for the flop, after the river the caller had the nuts, and he put the opener - with second pair - re-raise allin, and the opener was gazing and provoking the opponent for 6-8 minutes and 'thinking, reading' him, even the commentators said, now it is getting really disgusting... at least this kind of things don't exist online. Online you have other things do deal with, what can be annoying, too... (of course, he called, and lost...:confused:)

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
After 15+ years off/on of online playing, I am pretty good at reading players.

It only takes attention.

If I am bored, watching a TV show while playing a freeroll, or trying to play too many games at one time (like I presume wannabe online pros are doing, judging by most of the recent "pro" tips vids I have seen) , then you can only play the cards, not the players, which is at least half the game.

I don't use any HUD or tracker software (BS, IMHO), and I dissuade anyone from going that route. Learn the game, there are no shortcuts.

I am in total agreement with you here, I have often thought about using a HUD but the cost of some of the better ones out there do not reflect my personal buy-in amounts and I find that you could become more reliant on them and not learn anything.
One famous quote reads "Poker is a game you can pick up in 5 minutes, But it takes a life time to master" I have been playing Texas Holdem for over 25 years and I am still learning, and I may never be a great player, but I have had a great time learning.
Like every one else I have good days and bad but what makes me a good player is that I can survive a losing streak and get back on top with a little patience and perseverance.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

Poker Tells