"Raise any bet" radio button

Boltneck

Boltneck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally don't use any of the automatic bet / fold option as my poker motto (or one of them at least) is never say never and never say always. However, I've found a use for the "raise any bet" option.

If I'm at a relatively tight table and in the big blind position, I'll hover over the aforementioned button. If everyone folds to the player who is on the button, I'll quickly hit the "raise any bet" button. If the player on the button then attempts a steal, as soon as small blind bets / folds I'm instantly re-raising. The "on the button" player usually picks up on the instant re-raise and assumes that I've got a good hand and intended re-raising anything. More often than not, he folds, or as a minimum is very cautious after the flop.

I only do this selectively (obviously). I wouldn't do it if I'm holding 72o, it depends on the player (I wouldn't do it against all players) and I don't use it too often. So far though, it's been pretty effective.

JRaD

JRaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting I'm gonna try it :) to thems crazy button raising thieves!

Wild Rivers

Wild Rivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From your previous posts I know you favor FLHE, and I think you may be on to something regarding that game provided the stakes are high enough to make that re-raise meaningful.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be careful of over using it though - the button or someone earlier may pick up this insta-raise and try to slow play a monster.

Nice idea though - always good to mix things up and not play yourself into a rut :icon_sant

JRaD

JRaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I must admit I have never used the button in fears so loser will push on me lol and I won't be able to unclick it and then have the BB holding rockets :(

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the only button i use is the auto fold, if i know for a fact, that i don't want to play my hand regardless of the bets behind me.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
learning to manipulate other people with false time tells is something that took me a while to learn

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only button I use is fold.If I have a hand which I am not gonna play regardless of the odds provided to me I see no problem with this.

I play NL only so the raise any button is not an option for me.The check/fold button gives away to much info about your hand IMHO.If I notice people insta-checking I usually will lead out with a nice bet and take the pot down.

Long story short,I think the only button that should be used(in NL anyway)is fold.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only button I use is fold.If I have a hand which I am not gonna play regardless of the odds provided to me I see no problem with this.

I play NL only so the raise any button is not an option for me.The check/fold button gives away to much info about your hand IMHO.If I notice people insta-checking I usually will lead out with a nice bet and take the pot down.

Long story short,I think the only button that should be used(in NL anyway)is fold.

For check/fold, there is still the check button. I use that when I'm holding something marginal that I want to see a flop with, just not crazy about my position. So if I insta-check I could have paired anything (in fact I think any check from BB apart from PPs means majority of the time will miss anyways, especially if there's an A), flopped a set, etc. I 6-table so I use the fold, check-fold, check, and occasionally the fold to any bet when for example the turn has 5 limpers and I have 2 under cards. I'm not going to bluff and I won't even call a min-bet.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I 6-table

Holy cow thats a lot of tables.

I use loads of the decision buttons when playing 1 table. Holding 26 utg+1 im not going to play so i click auto fold. holding k2 in middle i click auto fold. Holding 23 in bb, ill have check/fold clicked since even if hte small blind min raises i still dont want to get involved there. So i use the buttons quite a bit

Chevren

Chevren

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I like using the auto-check button when I've hit a monster to induce bluffs

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Holy cow thats a lot of tables.
Well my VP$IP is at 17%, so I'm folding 83% of hands. And if all 6 tables played hand for hand, 32% of the time I don't get a hand to play at any table (.83^6). It's really not bad but the obvious drawback is that other than PAHUD stats I can't get any reads and once in a while I get multiple tough decisions (other day had 3 tables where I was pushed all-in with a marginal decision and although I requested time, the time runs simultaneously so I had like 30 seconds to reconstruct all 3 hands, also tough when playing multiple hands). But it certainly makes up for these small drawbacks in pure profit. BB/100 may go down, but when I'm playing an extra 400 hands an hour, that really doesn't matter :)
switch0723 said:
I use loads of the decision buttons when playing 1 table. Holding 26 utg+1 im not going to play so i click auto fold. holding k2 in middle i click auto fold. Holding 23 in bb, ill have check/fold clicked since even if hte small blind min raises i still dont want to get involved there. So i use the buttons quite a bit

Exactly, I know some people who have told me it's a bad idea to check/fold because then people will start minraising me a lot just to induce the fold. I'm only going to hit the check/fold button if I would fold to a minraise anyway. So it doesn't matter. If I have J9o in the big blind and the small blind min-raises, I'll likely call to see a flop, and since I have position I can either hit something or simply throw a bet out there if he checks to me (which happens more than you may think, the minraise from SB and C/F after the flop). But if I'm in the BB with something like 25o, I don't care if the SB knows I have crap when he minraises, because even if I didn't use the check box I'd still fold regardless. And it saves a lot of time being able to act as soon as you're dealt the cards, especially multitabling.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But in NLHE I'm still baffled by the box "call any bet". Who has a hand good enough to call an all-in push but would also only call a min bet? Also if the call is instant after the min bet, they know you would have called the all-in and can back off. And if someone's pushing the button hoping the opponent won't bet small, will see the insta-call and go to SD cheap, they're just playing with fire and are basically a complete moron IMO.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
insta-acting often polarizes peoples ranges though so like :/

when im sboer ill explain further afaik

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol at van. Ok ill be waiting eagerly since i actually do want to know what you are on about

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like using the auto-check button when I've hit a monster to induce bluffs

Yes you may do this.Most people I'm playing don't.If I put a large bet out there and get insta-raised in,I will usually lay it down.Unless the do something stupid like min-raise me when I have a drawing hand.I can usually tell who is trying to be clever at a table from those who truly suck.At the levels I play,they might as well turn their cards over preflop.I can read most of them like a book.

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Vanquish is probably saying that when villain insta checks or insta raises using the buttons, his range become polarized: he is either slowplaying/check/folding or he is value raising the nuts/bluffing.

He either has the goods or air if he doesn't take time to make his decision. DUCY ?