Questions for regular ringers

B

bustme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am playing NL 25 at stars........ (moved up from NL10)

And I wonder how much BB/ 100 hands that would
be good at this level..

Thanks..

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100bb/100 would be good :p.

Seriously, if your talking about ptbb/100 and NL holdem, then if you play solid poker, aim for 5ptbb/100. That's what I try to set myself as a benchmark. Achieving this can be difficult and should be based on a relevant sample of hands, the more the better to get an accurate figure, 50k+ maybe. If you multi table a lot then expect the ptbb/100 to reduce the more you play. Obv achieving more than the figure mentioned is possible.

For someone who multi tables a lot and gets through many hands on a monthly basis, then they probably have to settle for a figure in the region of 3-4ptbb/100.

B

bustme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the answer..

Do you think it would be possible to have the same BB/ 100 hand on NL 50 that you had on NL 25?

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the answer..

Do you think it would be possible to have the same BB/ 100 hand on NL 50 that you had on NL 25?

It would seem not in my case. But you have to realise winrate is dependant on many variables, how well your running, how good a player you are, how many hands you play to have judge your winrate on and yes what limit your
playing. It is generally considered that the higher the limits you progress the tougher the competition. So if you are able to adapt and make subtle changes to your game then you should be ok. The difference in skill from 25nl to 50nl is probably marginal.

Just don't get into the thinking that if you beat one level at a decent winrate then you will automatically win at the next level up. It's not that exact a science I'm afraid.

B

bustme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would seem not in my case. But you have to realise winrate is dependant on many variables, how well your running, how good a player you are, how many hands you play to have judge your winrate on and yes what limit your
playing. It is generally considered that the higher the limits you progress the tougher the competition. So if you are able to adapt and make subtle changes to your game then you should be ok. The difference in skill from 25nl to 50nl is probably marginal.

Just don't get into the thinking that if you beat one level at a decent winrate then you will automatically win at the next level up. It's not that exact a science I'm afraid.

Ok.. Thanks.. Good point.. It took me among 7000 hands to adapt to a decent winrate at NL 25.........

And I was playing bad the first 2000 hands ( playing NL 10 style against my opponents in NL 25 did not seem work) and I lost among 80 dollar.