Question about showing your cards

R

rhulp1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets say i am playing in a live tourney and almost ITM.

I get AA early position and i decide to go all in. Lets asume my stack aint to big and i dont want callers, i only want to get the blinds. I def. dont want to be the bubble boy.

Is it allowed when i go all inn to show my cards if other players are left behind me?

A

AGodAmongstmen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's better if you just never show your card's if you dont have to, Youre giving opponents more information when you show

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you only after blinds then I would let them slip. But why? If you are playing scared then why play at all. It should be for the win. And if it is that you want a double up. I would want a call.

Grossberger

Grossberger

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets say i am playing in a live tourney and almost ITM.

I get AA early position and i decide to go all in. Lets asume my stack aint to big and i dont want callers, i only want to get the blinds. I def. dont want to be the bubble boy.

Is it allowed when i go all inn to show my cards if other players are left behind me?
To answer your question simply NO here is the Roberts Rules of poker entry:
POKER ETIQUETTE

The following actions are improper, and grounds for warning, suspending, or barring a violator:
Deliberately acting out of turn.
Deliberately splashing chips into the pot.
Agreeing to check a hand out when a third player is all-in.
Softplaying by refusing to bet against a certain opponent whenever heads-up.
Reading a hand for another player at the showdown before it has been placed faceup on the table.
Telling anyone to turn a hand faceup at the showdown.
Revealing the contents of a live hand in a multihanded pot before the betting is complete.
Revealing the contents of a folded hand before the betting is complete. Do not divulge the contents of a hand during a deal even to someone not in the pot, so you do not leave any possibility of the information being transmitted to an active player.

Now thats not to say you flip your cards over and say oh I thought someone called and quickly cover your cards up :)

R

rhulp1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To answer your question simply NO here is the Roberts Rules of poker entry:
POKER ETIQUETTE

The following actions are improper, and grounds for warning, suspending, or barring a violator:
Deliberately acting out of turn.
Deliberately splashing chips into the pot.
Agreeing to check a hand out when a third player is all-in.
Softplaying by refusing to bet against a certain opponent whenever heads-up.
Reading a hand for another player at the showdown before it has been placed faceup on the table.
Telling anyone to turn a hand faceup at the showdown.
Revealing the contents of a live hand in a multihanded pot before the betting is complete.
Revealing the contents of a folded hand before the betting is complete. Do not divulge the contents of a hand during a deal even to someone not in the pot, so you do not leave any possibility of the information being transmitted to an active player.

Now thats not to say you flip your cards over and say oh I thought someone called and quickly cover your cards up :)

HA that would be a good one!
Ok thnx for the answer

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on your stack.. if its way small, a few people may actually call and check it down to kill your win %.

theupperhand

theupperhand

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would never show in that sunario

T

TIGERSTUMP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i suose it depends on the image u wanna give off,,if uve not played a hand for a while an u bang down aa an show ,,u will get respect if u continue to play tite ,,if that was yoour intention,,,on the other hand all in to me early is iether ak os jj etc so the play is a good 1

LaMinaccia

LaMinaccia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only time I show my cards when I don't have to is when I have a 4 of a kind.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's better if you just never show your card's if you dont have to, Youre giving opponents more information when you show

Depends on your stack.. if its way small, a few people may actually call and check it down to kill your win %.

I would never show in that sunario

i suose it depends on the image u wanna give off,,if uve not played a hand for a while an u bang down aa an show ,,u will get respect if u continue to play tite ,,if that was yoour intention,,,on the other hand all in to me early is iether ak os jj etc so the play is a good 1

The only time I show my cards when I don't have to is when I have a 4 of a kind.
Did any of you actually read the question the OP asked? Grossberger is spot on with his reply. The OP isn't asking about table image or anything of the sort. He wanted to know if he could shove all in then before the other people behind him act could he show them all that he has pocket aces? His thought being that if he showed them the aces that everyone might fold and he would get the blinds. The short answer is no he can't do that and Grossberger provided that info quoted above.

But really, is it that difficult to read something before randomly posting? And reading the post at the end only isn't sufficient. This is getting to be worse and worse lately and I'd love to know why. Maybe I'll just start deleting stuff that is completely off topic to the thread simply because people couldn't be bothered to read.

LaMinaccia

LaMinaccia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actualy I did read the OP's question and after Grossberger posted up the official rules the answer was right there so I decided to just post when I show my cards during a game. Don't sweat the small stuff buddy.

Did any of you actually read the question the OP asked? Grossberger is spot on with his reply. The OP isn't asking about table image or anything of the sort. He wanted to know if he could shove all in then before the other people behind him act could he show them all that he has pocket aces? His thought being that if he showed them the aces that everyone might fold and he would get the blinds. The short answer is no he can't do that and Grossberger provided that info quoted above.

But really, is it that difficult to read something before randomly posting? And reading the post at the end only isn't sufficient. This is getting to be worse and worse lately and I'd love to know why. Maybe I'll just start deleting stuff that is completely off topic to the thread simply because people couldn't be bothered to read.