Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
To make economic gains is possible. To live off the gains may be possible is some areas of the world where income are very low to begin with. To be a profitable play, yes you can.''

Realistically the micros can be used to slowly learn and improve your game so you can make a real economic gain if your truly a good player. At the lowest levels being profitable is small amount and could not necessarily be worth your time. Say your a 5 BB per hour winner or have a positive ROI of 50% in tournaments. On average if you play 4 tables an hour on cash you will make $.0.80 an hour. Play 10 $1.10 tournament in a 8 hour session and you will win $5.00 or $0.40 an hour.See the issue, yes your a winner but the amounts are small.

I would start in the micro and use proper game roll management and move up when you can if profitable. Someday it could bring real economic change for you.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
i did it once from freeroll to a 200$ in a week
but lost it in a day by playing higher stakes

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is very difficult to make money at micro stakes with a poor level of play
too many players, too small payouts

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know but at the micro level I can't see how your going to make a whole lot. I have been playing for lil over 2 years and I myself am a micro roller. I have been at an even keel for about a year or so and don't see myself ever paying my mortgage with earnings. As far as moving up A I'm not that good probably and B I wouldn't feel conformable placing large bets on anything a computer programmed by my opponent decided the outcome of. I have been mapping out a little course for a live tournament mini-season. As far as my skepticism I'm a carney kid, my whole family owns carnivals. So it comes from growing up on the other side of things.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep in mind that the higher the limits, the harder it is to win. The game can be very different if you move to the next limit.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You can make a profit at low levels but you better be willing to
put in a lot of time.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's good for the bank to grow

Bom dia a todos, jogo pôquer desde o final de 2018 e aprendi que para ganhar dinheiro jogando nos micro limites, é necessário jogar muitas horas volumosas por dia, seja jogando a dinheiro, sit go, spin go ou mtts.
Ganhar dinheiro em micros é possível mas é muito difícil porque os mtts têm muitos jogadores e a variância é grande, na minha opinião é mais difícil jogar micros do que jogar um limite acima, porque em micros você enfrenta jogadores que jogam qualquer mão.
Eu jogo micro limites e às vezes há oportunidades de jogar mtts com entradas mais caras, quando eu ganho um bilhete de loteria e meus maiores prêmios estão jogando em limites mais altos.
Jogar um limite acima de micros é mais fácil de ganhar dinheiro do que micros.
Gosto de jogar cash game para me divertir e jogar, sempre joguei no limite inferior e fui jogar um pouco na NL10 e mais uma vez achei mais fácil jogar nos limites mais altos do que o normal, porque você pode ter uma ideia do vilão range e um me característico chamaram a atenção no NL10, o fild blefa muito, nos micros os caras blefam muito menos.
È um pequeno número de mãos eu joguei um pouco mais de 1k mãos e lucrei $ 30

Attachments

• Sem título.jpg
    Sem título.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 11
thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's good for the bank to grow

Good morning everyone, I've been playing poker since the end of 2018 and I learned that to win money playing at the micro limits, it's necessary to play many voluminous hours a day, whether playing for real money, sit go, spin go or mtts.
Making money in micros is possible but it is very difficult because the mtts have many players and the variance is large, in my opinion it is more difficult to play micros than playing a higher limit, because in micros you face players who play any hand.
I play micro limits and sometimes there are opportunities to play mtts with more expensive entries when I win a lottery ticket and my biggest payouts are playing at higher limits.
Playing a limit above micros is easier to earn money than micros.
I like to play cash games for fun and play, I've always played at the lower limit and went to play a little bit at NL10 and once again I found it easier to play higher stakes than normal because you can get an idea of ​​the villain range and a characteristic me caught my attention on NL10, the fild bluffs a lot, on micros the guys bluff a lot less.
È a small number of hands I played a little more than 1k hands and profited $30
Mais sobre o texto originalÉ necessário fornecer o texto original para ver mais informações sobre a tradução
Enviar feedback
Painéis laterais

Attachments

• Sem título.jpg
    Sem título.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 13
gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say yes, but you gotta find games with lower skill level.

Noroma

Noroma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The short answer is: It depends.
The long answer is, it depends on what you define as significant gain.
You can for sure make money while playing at the lower stakes, no doubt. The amounts does however vary a lot, depending on volume, how good your table selection is and a whole lot of variance.
So it becomes a question of Math, where all you need is volume and your skill-level compared to your given opponents.

So first we need to calculate your volume.
1 Table at 6 max will give you around 75 hands per hour.
If you 4-table this is 300 hands per hour.
So lets say you play 2 hours each day, this is 60 hours every month netting you a total of: 300 x 60 = 18000 hands every month.

Now next up is your skill, and how much money you can expect to gain from each hand you play. To calculate this, the term bb/100 is used, which stands for big blinds per 100 hands. This represents how many big blinds you make or lose on average every 100 hands.

So good players, with decent table selection can expect to make somewhere between 8 - 10 bb/100 hands after rake on 2 NL. This will net you the following profit:

9bb/100 = 0.02 * 9 = 0.18 $ every 100 hands.
So if you play 18000 hands, you can multiply this number by 18000/100 = 180:
180 * 0.18 = 32.4 $.

This can of course vary, and a few of the right maniacs will probably be able to make some months much much more profitable, but given enough time a player should expect to make around that much on average given those amount of games.

So 5 NL, with the same conditions will net you the following every month(9bb, 18000 hands):
180 * 0.45 = 81 $

10 NL: Same conditions, maybe around 6 bb instead to make it more reasonable.
180 * (6 * 0.10) = 108 $

So what can you take away from this?
Well, making a living off of microstakes would take a whoooole lot of time. You would have to up the volume while maintaining the same skill level multiple times over just to make minimum wage.

What you could also take away from this:
If you do good at the microstakes, which is for sure possible, you will be able to slowly but surely build your bankroll while hopefully becoming a better player a long the way. This will allow you to take healthy stabs at higher limits, which will potentially allow you to make more money.

This is obviously only meant for Cash Games, Tournements is a whole different beast with much more variance involved. I can only imagine depending on tournaments for income would be stressful...

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From my experience I can tell you that it is quite difficult to take advantage of micro limits. and poker in general. you need many hours of play and a good bankroll to bear the losses in the game.
success and greetings

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess it depends on what you mean by economic gains.

I donk around at freerolls and micros, and I've turned $50 into $550 this year. It's a profit, but probably not enough to impact your life unless you're in a Venezuela type situation.

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Havent read what others say but i can basically echo them.
If you planning to play mtts dont start at under 2 usd level. ideally 5.5-11 if you have spare 1k before you start figuring what they do and how they play.
Apart of people being super random at 1usd and lower games there is also higher variance due to exact this reason and it feels like rake is higher as well.
I have made it from freerolls/0.25 sngs right to the modern mid stakes.
But game selection isnt as great as self-improvement and surounding environment, so try to fix that first.
Hope this helps and Good Luck!

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I can build a small bankroll from micro levels, and can make a price good enough to make a withdraw. Then I try to rise the level and do the same.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There

The matter in this case is that you have to spend a big chunk of time to get anywhere satisfying your greed
Rgds

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is possible to make economic gains at low levels, knowing that it takes time. I ask those with more experience, if that success could be achieved at lower levels or if I was forced to climb levels? Thank you!!
Sorry Derly, climbing levels is a must if you want to achieve any kind of decent economic gains. For instance, I bought into a site six years ago for $25. Took me almost a year and a half to build it to $150 in $1 games. Then I started playing $3 games unit I built it to $350 and started playing $7 games. At $750 I played $15 games and up from there. My minimum stake to buy-in ratio was always 50:1. That is rather aggressive. A 100:1 stake to buy-in ratio would be more conservative at least while you're learning and gaining experience. Took well over six years, but my current stake to buy-in ratio is 300:1 at over $15,000 while I play in $50 buy-in games.

L

legend309

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think it boils down to bankroll management. Make sure you always have enough to get in the next game. If you are good at poker the profits will come.. if you are not that profitable, at least you stretched your hard earned money farther

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should always play below 2 percent of your total bank account, its an unwritten rule. Same goes to sports betting, roulette, but especially poker, where you can win a car one minute, and the next you are homeless. Patience is everything.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
the lower the limit, the more people and the more it depends on luck, thus it is more difficult to play the higher the limit, they already begin to think it all depends on the level of the game

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It is possible to earn at low limits, but this will not be enough for a normal life.

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hi,
I can confirm that benefits can be made in micro limits, it's kind of field of expertise.
Whether you play cash games, sngs or tournaments, cash can be made.
You obviously need to be at a certain level, I mean you need to have an edge on the average micro limits player.
I make money out of freerolls, micro sngs and micro tournaments, and I don't feel the need to climb the ladders.
Gl at the tables

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
In small stakes cash games, you can control your destiny to some extent by playing many hands with positive EV. However, in cash games, your EV and your results are likely to balance fairly quickly. For this reason, I never worry if I experience one, two or even ten bad beats in the same day. Having a deep understanding of the concept of EV, I know that no matter how much I lose at the moment, if I play correctly, eventually my results will come close to EV, and for me this is a great comfort.

S

shadoman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
although it is possible to make a profit, albeit a marginal one . in my experience I find the low stakes and micro stakes are challenging to make a profit cause more players are likely to just think its only 5 cents/10 cents, etc and dump/call/station with trash (and usually get lucky) just because it is of no cost. which really puts the person that wants to make a play at a predicament. this is my own personal opinion tho I could have just been having a rough week lol

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can certainly make profit but you have to put volume.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It is possible to make economic gains at low levels, knowing that it takes time. I ask those with more experience, if that success could be achieved at lower levels or if I was forced to climb levels? Thank you!!
It all depends, what would be your ideal gain?

If you think about getting rich, forget it, it only happens in medium or high.

I don't know which country you are in, but here in brazil, $800 for an average person is equivalent to almost 4 minimum wages, in which a good part of the population lives with a maximum of 2.

So it's a little relative.

Adding freerolls, micro games and rake back, something between 600~$800 is possible.

Low, somewhere between 1200 ~ $1800 depending on your performance and studies.

This is based on my earnings.

I'm trying to get past the $10 games in sng and it's hard to increase my winnings and BR.