Which pro poker player do you think is the best ?

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doyle is one of the players who, rumos has it, wins steadily at the big game I mentioned above.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really? I was pretty sure I'd heard Doyle admitted to being a loser in the big game as of recently.

B

Broke31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
top 2 are definatly Ivey and Negreanu.

S

Sphinx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The best- Gus Hansen (in my option), I love watching Gus play, when he plays agressive. And well... the check against Daniel. Amazing.
The worst- I'll have to go for Phil Hellmuth, Indeed he has won 10 braclets but he just whines too much. Or Jamie Gold, it's just amazing how he cannot get a read.

A

angelaus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu is the best poker player I have ever watched.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu is a calling station, as Roland DeWolfe points out in the latest issue of bluff Magazine. :call::call2:

Also, as FP points out DN's "amazing reading ability" his greatly manufactured by the media-- that's his poker persona now, so every time he is right you get to see it on tv.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu is a calling station, as Roland DeWolfe points out in the latest issue of Bluff Magazine. :call::call2:

Also, as FP points out DN's "amazing reading ability" his greatly manufactured by the media-- that's his poker persona now, so every time he is right you get to see it on tv.

actully it is his peers that said that not the media, when asked what they would take from each great poker player. Daniels reading ability is what they would take from him. Now I wouldnt say he is the best player there is but he is very good.

Schatzdog

Schatzdog

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Hoyt Corkins plays some exceptional tourney poker and I like Benyamine in the cash game arena. Chuck these two in with the usual suspects.

MrDaMan

MrDaMan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The "Best"? How do I say this humbly? Uhhh err ME! :p

I like Daniel Negranu, he's an entertaining player who sometimes makes it to the final tables and is fun to watch.

But "Best" I couldn't say there are so many really good players that any one of them could be "best" depending on the tournament, cards, luck and situation.

One player I'd like to see more of is Lane Flack, I'd place him in one of the "best" category he's just as entertaining to watch as Daniel. Hasn't had as much luck in the tournaments but I think sooner or later we'll be seeing more of him.

B

BearCan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you can't measure a persons skill purely on money because they don't all play the same number of games and the games are not the same amounts. at least at the pro tourney level we are discussing, imho. money is definitely a measure for cash game people.

i like the idea the one guy posted of points for wins and places. except he used just wsop. need to include wpt, ept, aussie and number of times they sucked out larry flynt. he talked about field size being a factor with years 2k as cutoff for measure. i'm not so sure this is a factor. winners do not play the entire field. they only sit against (field size / table size ) about the same as any other player. (depending on how condensing goes some will sit against more or less). todays fields has far more , ahmmm donkies vs doyles days when all 20 players were top notch. on the other hand longevity needs to be negated to level things.

alias i to am a Negreanu fan followed by phil gorden. i loved to hear phil critiqued the celebrities.

i saw a bookie ratio for this years tourney season just before it started. top three players were almost identical with the fourth one a distant by 1/2. Negreanu was one of the 3. i wish i could refind the bookie thing cause i don't recall the other 2.