Preparation for poker

N

Nane Santos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello people, I would like to ask if, do you have any preparation before going to the game? Online or live. Hugs to all.:D:D:D

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
HelloAbout half an our before, take a good shower, fix about 1/2 liter of coffee to drink during the game, liter of water, put on wearing my cowboy hat and, finally, set up the songs to roll. These all if the game is a kind of an important one.
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/online-poker-73/how-do-you-prepare-yourself-just-469095/

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have everything ready for the hours that I am going to spend playing, the main thing I have water, music playlist and I know that I am going to eat everything ready to warm up or in your case order something ,,, that is already prepared for when I am playing and before play, I had breakfast and I did not leave any pending:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Roll it up. Light it up. Smoke it.

But not too much. Just a couple or three hits to hold me over until the first break. When the first break arrives, rinse and repeat. Then when the slow players play slow and the constant and repeated all-inners constantly go all-in, none of it will faze me.

S

slais_pro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will try to take a walk in the fresh air before the game and stock up on drinks.

arashsgr

arashsgr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
prepration for poker

there is nothing like a warm-up for poker, cause poker is not a game of physics. however, before playing poker a minute concentration, or drinking a glass of water, or taking a good breath, maybe have a good quality sleep over the last night would be helpful to improve your quality during a gameplay

M

Majari_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think about strategy before tournaments, I just go with the flow. But other things I do is go for a little walk outside and make coffee so my brain is functioning from the first hand onwards.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I visualize my goal and the best strategy to adopt to get there. when I am too tired I sleep for an hour or two before the start of my session. when i'm not motivated enough or in a bad mood. I repeat the same sentence for several minutes like for example (I am happy) to eliminate all the negative thoughts which will prevent me from playing my A game and making the right decisions.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My preparation for the tournament takes about half an hour. The preparation is that I make myself coffee, go to the balcony and smoke. Very banal preparation.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally, I do not do preliminary preparation for the game (online). But for me the main thing is to sleep well, and it is imperative that a couple of hours pass after I wake up. And, of course, so that no one interferes and there are no tasks that could distract.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually don't to any special preparation, except when it is a big tournament. If it's a important game, I usually sleep well in the night before and make some food to eat during the tournament.

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me, the best preparation before a game session is to take a premature break from poker until I have the desire to play this game, my eyes should be burning with the desire to win and show my best game. Before the game session, I should have a good night's sleep, relax it's fresh air, I should be in a good mood I should prepare food in advance be focused no one and nothing should distract me from the game

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I'm not preparing for anything special, just the desire to play.

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello people, I would like to ask if, do you have any preparation before going to the game? Online or live. Hugs to all.:D:D:D

Good Morning ! Yes, it is always good to have a revision in the previous games or more that you played in a way or how you could have played more or less that or even watch a poker video for a few minutes to play focused.

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before the game, I watch training videos with a cup of coffee, and then into battle

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As strange as it sounds, I mentally prepare myself for the game 20-40 minutes before each session. Basically I try to achieve a neutral state of calm. In addition, sometimes I read 1-3 articles about poker, because I think that theory is never enough and you need to be aware of new trends in poker.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hi Nane

Here is a guided meditation of sorts for preparation before the game.
Hope you enjoy it & find elements you can use in your own pre game!

Ultimately the best routine is the one that works for you. Some people like to exercise before, some like to meditate, some like to go to the spa, some like to pray and set intentions, some do a mix of all of the above. I say do what works for you and helps your feel your best so you can play your best.

This additional video is also great for setting yourself up to win. Hope it helps!

N

Nane Santos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Cool, people! I like to listen to music, if possible to do some physical activity before. It is important for the mind to be fully functioning. Hugs.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, no special preperation. Except if I have really important tournaments on that day, I keep in mind that I must have had some exercise that day and also I look for some warm-up tournaments that would help me focus on that important tourney.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My main goal is to not play hungry, thirsty or tired so that i can focus on the game. So i try to eat and drink something (but not too much) before long MTT.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not a professional player. Poker is fun for me, so I don't need anything but a good mood and a desire to play

:D

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I try to have a good rest before the tournament. Some tournaments last a very long time, so you need to be energetic throughout the game.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to get plenty of rest before major tournaments. actually its recommended before any session live or online.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I want to have eaten something , not to starve , also have some sugar drinks and some coffee. i do not drink coffee , just for emergency , if I make it to a FT , to drink only then . Laptop on , internet connection is ok , logged in CardsChat on Chrome , put some music , everything is fine , let's go!! :)

A

A80Tracon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
drink a lot of water in the poker room