• Thread starter IProbablyHaveUrMoney
  • Start date
I

IProbablyHaveUrMoney

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all, I'm new to this forum and I just wanted to ask if anyone had seem the PPT's announcers. Do any of you think they are annoying as hell? I really would rather mute it then listen to the mindless banter.
Cheers

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IProbablyHaveUrMoney said:
Hey all, I'm new to this forum and I just wanted to ask if anyone had seem the PPT's announcers. Do any of you think they are annoying as hell? I really would rather mute it then listen to the mindless banter.
Cheers

The lead announcer is a goof, but Mark Seif is the analyst. He has some great things to say, but you can tell when he tries too hard to spice things up. He's a newbie to the job and I bet he'll settle in soon.

Guys like Norm Chad & Gabe Kaplan took a while to get better. Gabe was lame back in 1997 when he interviewed Stu Ungar at the wsop, but he's excellent on "High Stakes Poker" now.

F

Freakakanus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just finished watching the final table of Tourney #2.
What a game! Chris Biegler had a monster stack first, then Erik Lindgren and Kid Poker came back (against the other 2 players at the table) to pretty much even up the stacks for a great 3 way showdown. In at least 3 big hands Daniel folded, the rabbit cam showed he would have won, and then he ran out of time when Erik pushed all in on a bluff/draw when Daniel had the best hand (at the moment). Erik ended up taking Daniel out and Chris made it to heads up for the second time in a row only to lose to the SAME HAND that he lost to John Juanda in the first tourney.
Personally, I think Daniel let this tourney slip out from under his fingers.
Can't wait for the next show, I like this MUCH better than the WPT even if the announcers are a bit more lame than Mike Sexton and the Van Patton boy. If you haven't caught it yet make sure to take a look next week.

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw the one Freak mentions last night as well, and all I can say about it was that it was excellent poker. Specially between Daniel and Erik. Biegler didn't impress me though he didn't make any glaring mistakes, he seemed timid after he got burned when he thought Erik was bluffing.

I think that final table illustrates how controlled aggression works short handed.

Did you watch the WSOP ME coverage this week on ESPN?

That Dimitri fellow... what a friggin fish that guy is. My wife and I watched it and even she said she couldn't believe some of the horrible calls that guy made. "What?? He called that??" He managed to donk off a vast portion of his chips in a span of like 3 hands. Stuff like calling an all-in with weak middle pair, mind boggling for ME feature table.

M

mischman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guy raises with 55, guy with A10 thinks about calling and then folds.

Mark Seif- He analyzed the hand and made the right decision. Guess were no longer allowed to race?