Pot Limit Holdem

elflake

elflake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why does no one play pot limit Texas Holdem anymore ? I was away from poker for 9 years and in the 5 months that I have been back playing not once when I have checked at ACR has there been a single game going, at any stakes.

G

guitaRisGood

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love that game... i think people are too wired and too much looking for "action" to play a patient game like PL holdem... all the clips on tv and all the tv ads show people going all in all the time. they want a game where when they see a pair or an ace and they can shove and get all excited when they hit something.

Same is true for PLO, such a great game,.... so rare to find

DomGov

DomGov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PLO is gaining a ton of popularity and traction again, honestly, it's the favored game for high-stakes pros at the moment. My former boss (Tony G) won this pot some months ago, full game is a fun watch :)

G

Guaraparty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why does no one play pot limit Texas Holdem anymore ? I was away from poker for 9 years and in the 5 months that I have been back playing not once when I have checked at ACR has there been a single game going, at any stakes.
In my opinion I prefer holdem texas without limit since it provides action and excitement, but sometimes I play holdem limit, only that it frustrates a little when I have good cards and I can not increase and others with smaller cards come in and they can make me a tragedy

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that game is too slow and bored

G

Gr34tWh1t3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pot limit holdem ... I think like most ppl that its to slow and take away the action unlike no limit holdem , I used to play it like 8 years aggo or so, and the tournos were taking forever.
Plo on the other hand its nice I love playing it.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also prefer NL Hold'em.
Given the popularity of this game, you can always find a tournament with a good prize pool.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not play it because I do not like it to be limited. Many players like it is not a big bet from the beginning, they go to almost all hands with trash hands, and they keep paying until they manage to connect their hand and I end up winning. This makes me angry a lot hahaha

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PLO is really not my thing. too long.trop long as a style of play.
I also prefer NL Hold'em.

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules