For the poor folks...

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm in a really good mood. It's just a matter of time before I'm cussing out the monitor and wishing death on whoever chases me to the river with a hand that makes me throw up just a little bit in my mouth.

But for the now, I'm in a really good mood. I'm downright optimistic. I'm at about $50 having had to pull myself out of a tilty-tailspin. I've broken even. Breaking even feels really good after a tailspin. I'm practically luxuriating in having broken even...

So if you're poor like me. Say you deposited $50 to a site, or got a nifty no deposit bonus, or went through freeroll purgatory to make a few bucks - yeah this thread's for you.

We need a plan. I mean we've all got a bit of money and a whole lot of hope, but we need a plan. I'm serious.

Here's what I've got so far:

1. Take no more than 5% of total funds to the table and leave when you double up(or get really lucky just b4 you leave to more than double up).

2. Rebuy 2 times or less, 3rd strike and you're out. I have it in my head that this will minimize tilt.

3. Keep goals small. I know we all want to turn a bit into a whole lot. Start with $50 and turn it into $50k. It's doable. But with that hanging over my head, I don't think I could function. I say keep the goals small. Like every $10 or so, you've succeeded. Ya know? Or even make them so you reach a certain # of points while still making and maintaining a profit. Baby steps, ya know?

That's it. That's all I've got. Beyond that I play the best I can at my level.

That's fine if you have I'd say at least $25 to play with but I think this could use more input.

I know there are a bunch of challenge type threads where the goal seems to build a sizable bankroll by hook or by crook. That's cool. But just one for trying it in a tried and true manner(or as close as we can come to it?), couldn't hurt. Or could it?

Ursala

Ursala

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just try not to punch the screen, flicking it can be problematic too.

Otherwise, good thoughts...

premierplayer

premierplayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Follow Fergies bankroll management.

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just try not to punch the screen, flicking it can be problematic too.

Otherwise, good thoughts...

what about a foot thru the monitor?

surely that cannot be bad!

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is a decent plan myabe someone wiill follow it and then tell us the outcome

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been there, done that, made it for a while, now trying to re-energize.

I started with freeroll winnings (needed 3 wins before I started to build that account) as well as a $50 deposit on another site. The $50 went down to $18 or so after a month of playing different levels.

What helped me was a goal and a focus. The goal was to collect points to get my deposit bonus. The focus I chose was $10NL because I figured I could collect the bonus playing regularly at that level. I also decided that I was willing to make another deposit in order to make that bonus if I needed to do so.

That goal and focus worked for me. For a few months I ground out a basic ability and built a decent beginner's bankroll (without additional deposits).

F

fastplay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good plan. I havent played at alot of sites, but I like the beginer SNGs at bodog, 5 people cash out of 10. You can make the $ pretty easy by just not being a donk.