opinions?

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn you posted it before i could.

PokerTracker Software, LLC. is proud to announce the commercial release of PokerTracker™ 3 Holdem.

What is PokerTracker?
PokerTracker is a software package that is used as an aid to the online poker player. It tracks wins and losses, as well as compiling a multitude of statistics on all aspects of a player's game. From common items, like how often the player chooses to put money into the pot, to more obscure stats like how often a player wins a pot when he check raises the turn. Play on multiple sites? Not a problem. PT3 supports a variety of popular online poker sites, and you can combine your results from each individual site into one screen name in PokerTracker to make keeping track of your results much easier.

PokerTracker allows you to find hands with a wide variety of filters. Find hands where you flopped a flush draw, or a set, or even overcards. Find hands where you were check raised or 3 bet. With a built-in hand replayer, you can play back these hands in an online table simulation to get a feel for the action. Want to see how your money grew over time? View one of the graphs that PokerTracker offers. Want to know how you do in certain positions? PokerTracker makes that information easily available to you.

PokerTracker 3 also provides you with a built-in Hud. A Hud (Heads up display) displays your opponents' statistics on the poker table as you play. Now you'll know if that player who keeps raising you is really a maniac, or if he's just hitting a lucky string of cards. Don't guess what kind of opponents you are up again - KNOW.

That's just a small sample of what PokerTracker 3 offers. Visit the website to get more information and to download or register.

PokerTracker Software, LLC. is also proud to announce the unveiling of TableTracker, a server-based table selection service built right in to the PokerTracker 3 interface.

What does it do?
TableTracker shows you what tables are currently running and who is sitting at those tables. It then uses your PokerTracker 3 databases to show you stats on those players. You use those stats to determine which tables would be most profitable for you to play at.

How does it work?
You simply enter your criteria and then start the search. There's no need to open any of the poker clients. The TableTracker servers keep track of tables for you. Once you find a table you want to sit at, open the client, find the table and sit down.

Who should use it?
Anyone who wants to make more money at the tables! By avoiding tables with solid players and sitting at tables with poor players, you give yourself the best opportunities to win.

How much does it cost?
The TableTracker service requires a monthly fee. Visit the website for pricing information. Each new purchase of PokerTracker 3 receives a free month of TableTracker.*

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It also still doesn't work multi-tabling. Fired up 12 1c/2c tables, played a few hands, turned on PT3, *caboom* everything flashes and I can't click on any of the buttons, half my tables time out and I have to close PT3 to play at all again. Posted a message on their forum, but if the product wasn't done they should have pushed back the release date, not just put forth an incomplete product as they have done. Anyway, they've been good about getting back to people usually within 24 hours, so hopefully I'll have a response by tomorrow. Just a tad frustrating, guess I'll just have to use PT2+PAHUD tonight and tomorrow and the next few days until they fix it.

Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zach it must be from the high number of tables. Im multitabling 6 and had 8 running at one point and it still ran fine. with 8 i would sometimes have to click a button twice but thats it. im sure they'll get it worked out but honestly i think your a relative minority for the number of tables your running.

my monitor would show like 1/2 of each table or less if i tried to 12table

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zach it must be from the high number of tables. Im multitabling 6 and had 8 running at one point and it still ran fine. with 8 i would sometimes have to click a button twice but thats it. im sure they'll get it worked out but honestly i think your a relative minority for the number of tables your running.

my monitor would show like 1/2 of each table or less if i tried to 12table

What site do you use? I tried doing 4 and it lagged pretty heavily when starting up on pokerstars.

Luckily, PT has some of the best customer support around. I said 24 hours in my initial post, try 2 minutes. He literally responded 2 minutes after my initial post. He told me that problem was one of their priorities and asked me additional questions about what happened with less tables and what site. So I told him pokerstars and what I just said about what happens with 4. Even with 1 table it takes like 5 seconds to load everything up and during that time I can't click any of the buttons. And although I may be in the minority, there are several people who do not only 12 but even more (I've heard 24, but I know for a fact there are people who do 20).

In fact I'd say the people who use the HUD the most will almost all be people who multi-table heavily. I still can't believe how great their customer support has been, although I still say they should have released this current version as a beta because it's clearly not complete yet. But hopefully they can get this worked out soon.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Still not getting any hero stats on ipoker (except once after 179 hands then it disappeared)

On Stars nothing except the folded cards :mad:

Not impress and not forking out $$ for it, if the simple thngs don't work what good are the bells and baubles :confused:

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Still not getting any hero stats on ipoker (except once after 179 hands then it disappeared)

On Stars nothing except the folded cards :mad:

Not impress and not forking out $$ for it, if the simple thngs don't work what good are the bells and baubles :confused:

You aren't getting the HUD on Stars? Have you configured it yet? That's worked for me, it just slows everything way down when first starting it.

According to Josh over at PokerTracker though:

"These issues should be resolved soon, I'll be working hard to get them done as soon as possible."

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ian, try the reset option dropped down from the Poker Tracker icon at the top of the table.

What I think I am noticing, is that the HUD is very dynamic, perhaps even too dynamic, and seemingly wants to update stats in the middle of a hand. I am not sure of that, but it appears that way.

As for this should have been a beta... every program does it this way. I'd guess that the change from PT1 to PT2 was not much different. I wasn't around tho and can't be sure.

I have read, and noticed, that apparently FullTilt is a bandwidth hog, so multi-tabling there could possibly be pretty painful.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes Stars is configured ever since Beta 10 nothing has worked properly :mad:

below everyone except me :mad:

Attachments

• ipoker.jpg
    ipoker.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 13
beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok so Stars is back now :confused: but still no personal stats :confused:

I now have a headache and am seriously peed off with fish who have chased the flush too many times today :mad:

TWiTCHaH

TWiTCHaH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It kind of sucks that bodog isn't supported unless you buy some type of 3rd party software that costs $50 by itself.

I understand this is more of bodog's fault since there isn't an actual .txt file that the hand history is sent. But it's just seems a little silly to paid $60-70 for a program that collects hand history and to be able to use it you have to buy another $50 program.

Ohwell, they're just missing out on a few more million customer's then they could have.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes Stars is configured ever since Beta 10 nothing has worked properly :mad:

below everyone except me :mad:

Is the HUD group set to "everyone but hero" or whatever that dropdown is? I have it like this on purpose because I don't need my stats on the screen.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right now PT3 doesn't support Bodog at all (with or without the handgrabber) but it will eventually. Until Bodog changes their software to save HH files the handgrabber will be required.

TWiTCHaH

TWiTCHaH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right now PT3 doesn't support Bodog at all (with or without the handgrabber) but it will eventually. Until Bodog changes their software to save HH files the handgrabber will be required.

Good to know.. Thanks for the info.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant believe they have actually released the commercial version. For me it's still too buggy and I think there a long way away from sorting several major issues out ie lag, hud problems etc etc. TBH I'm quite disappointed at this stage of development. In fact the commercial version is indeed worse than beta 11 ftw!

Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What site do you use? I tried doing 4 and it lagged pretty heavily when starting up on pokerstars.

In fact I'd say the people who use the HUD the most will almost all be people who multi-table heavily. I still can't believe how great their customer support has been, although I still say they should have released this current version as a beta because it's clearly not complete yet. But hopefully they can get this worked out soon.

I play on stars. And i agree now that i think about it, as soon as i get the money for a bigger monitor ill be trying 12-tabling. guess that just means i stay at my lower limits longer, but hopefully make more money.

they just came out with build 2 as well, did it help your freezing at all?

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerTracker • View topic - problems with multi tabling on stars

According to Josh the HUD performance enhancements will be here "hopefully within a week".

But I do agree with Jagsti. Better to release beta 12, say "we apologize for the late release date, but it's not ready yet", and release it a week or two late than to release a so-called commercial version that has many known bugs that they are working to fix.

Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mac support, huh?

Screw em.

---

whats wrong with mac support? hopefully theyll get it out soon and i can play on my mac without having to use fusion.

and i agree they should have stayed with beta, now if they dont get everything i expect to work properly within 60 days i have to choose with buying (what i feel is) an incomplete product or missing out on pokertracker till its up to par. hopefully their quick reply rate will transfer to quick bug fixes...and the autorate implemented (really bugs me after having pt2)

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems a little expensive. Costs me over $70 to upgrade from V2 to v3

I think after a while you will be forced to move to PT3 due to lack of updates and Pokersites eventually changing their HHs and such.

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide