Pokerhost Rigged to generate rake...probably

Crippler450

Crippler450

For those of you who dont think thers any chance that some poker sites are rigged to generate more rake, heres something to think about:

Playing on Pokerhost today in a ring game with 8 other people, the winner of three pots in a row (3 different people, one being me) had 7777, 9999 (on the flop, thats right, four of a kind on the flop), and a K high straight flush. Three hands before this, someone had 2222.

How many real hands of poker do you think you'd have to play to get quads or better 4 hands out of 6?

For the record, I dont think many sites are rigged, but i'd put money on Pokerhost being one that does.

(i forgot to mention that in at least 3 of these 4 hands, other players caught either a straight, a flush, or a full house...enticing them to put more money into the pot)

IrishDave

IrishDave

A Member
In the limit ring games on UB a few weeks ago I saw quads 5 times in a little over an hour. Still play on UB a lot and haven't seen it since. I think it's just a case of so many hands being dealt that you notice it more. We tend not to remember the 46 times we get dealt 8-4 offsuit in an hour...

Crippler450

Crippler450

I would agree with you but this is too out of the ordinary. I've probably played 100,000 hands of poker online over the last few years, and I know all about playing more hands causing more bad beats to appear, but this is different. Would you use the same argument to justify 10 royal flushes in a row? Where do you draw the line and realize that it might not be luck that is causing extra profit for some sites?

zoied

zoied

uggggggggg

i totally agree with you, i play alot on absolute poker, and as i'm reading this i am in a tourney with 4 people going all in i have my favorite pocket kings so i went in as well, now everyone"s cards are showing each one with pocket pairs lol this is rigged i thought. anyways of the person next to me had pocket aces and none of the pockets came up on board so aces won:frown:

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Multiple pp's is not uncommon to a live game. I was in a tourney at the Trop in AC and I had 99. Guy in front of me went all in, guy next to him called. I went all in. Lady behind me went all in, guy next to me folded. Lady had KK, I had 99, first guy had 55, guy next to me said he had 10 10. Flop had a 5 and the set of 5's raked a 13000 pot.

But the 4 quads/straight flushes in 6 hands is a bit too extreme.