PokerGo channel

Y

Year Zero

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello players, so I’m slowly brushing off my rust (haven’t played hardcore since “Black Friday”) and reviewing/relearning the game. Apparently I have PokerGo through Roku. Is it worth the subscription? Pros/cons? Thanks

Waleswasp

Waleswasp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I first used PokerGo to view wsop tournaments including the Main Event. I’ve subsequently watched other series, mainly to see how players act in such high pressure environments as well as some of the banter that goes on. The downside of the site for me is the inability to download programmes to watch offline.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello players, so I’m slowly brushing off my rust (haven’t played hardcore since “Black Friday”) and reviewing/relearning the game. Apparently I have PokerGo through Roku. Is it worth the subscription? Pros/cons? Thanks

PokerGO is a great place to watch and learn poker.

You get to see almost all the high stakes events with cards up & good commentary. It doesn't get much better than that when it comes to learning live poker.

The cons are that they don't go as deep as the training sites do in terms of solver analysis, finding optimal bet sizes, and all that in depth theory stuff. But at the same time, pokerGO is 1/10th of the price, and from a viewing experience is WAY HIGHER QUALITY.

I like to watch pokerGO when I'm doing more 'passive training' and kind of watch for entertainment but pick up some things in the process. It's not a substitute for super in depth studying and working with software, but it is a great compliment, and also you get to practice working on your live reads too which is something most training sites can't offer.

Hope that helps, and highly recommend making the investment even if it's just to try it for one month. What have you got to lose?

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
if you got on well with this program and brought you good benefits, why not renew?

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all...probaly have to try again as 1st time was told this..pokergo is not available in canada..have to look up costs....thanks

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like pokergo. Price is good and this is the only media dedicated to poker and regularly broadcasting big poker tournaments worldwide.

Drumsound

Drumsound

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a fan. I don't really watch much of the live streaming of online games, but that's COVID's fault, not PokerGo's.