Status
Not open for further replies.
stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You guys, well some of you asked for it. Did you watch it? was it any good or just too basic?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just saw it - will check it out tomorrow.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just saw it - will check it out tomorrow.

alot of it is basic but thats what people asked for, there is a good section on Postgres which I think everyone should add if they haven't already.

hott_estelle

hott_estelle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Didn't know you posted this until right now. I'll check it out, good thing you bumped it up.

pokernut

pokernut

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just saw this, i'm about to start a couple tourney's, so i'll watch it later or tomorrow.

Thanks for doing, I'll let you know what I think. I'm not so sure I set mine up the best way it could have been, so this will be good for me.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if it helps anyone then im glad to do it.

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bump.

I just Downloaded pokertracker, perfect timing for this.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just read this about PostgreSQL on the PostgreSQL website:

2.4) Can I install PostgreSQL on a FAT partition?

PostgreSQL's number one priority is the integrity of your data. FAT and FAT32 filesystems simply do not offer the reliability required to allow this. In addition, the lack of security features offered by FAT make it impossible to secure the raw data files from unauthorised modification. Finally, PostgreSQL utilises a feature called 'reparse points' to implement tablespaces. This feature is not available on FAT partitions.

The NTFS file system is a journalled filesystem offering much better reliability and crash recovery. In addition, it has a comprehensive access control system and offers the reparse point functionality used by PostgreSQL.
For this reason, the PostgreSQL installer package will not initialise a database cluster on anything but an NTFS partition. The server and utilities may be installed on any partition type.

It is recognised however, that on some systems such as developer's PCs, FAT partitions may be the only choice. In such cases, you can simply install PostgreSQL as normal, but without initialising the database cluster. When the installation has finished, manually run the 'initdb.exe' program on the FAT partition. Security and reliability will be compromised however, and any attempts to create tablespaces will fail.

I have a FAT32 file system, so I guess I can't use it. Or if I do, I might have problems. You think?

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just read this about PostgreSQL on the PostgreSQL website:

I have a FAT32 file system, so I guess I can't use it. Or if I do, I might have problems. You think?

im not sure, what you can do is go to pokertracker forum and search "FAT32 file system" or something along those lines to try to find out info on it.

Pat (the guy that runs pokertracker) is real good when it comes to fixing problems so if you cant find anything on it start a thread and I bet you he finds a way around it.

ace2daface

ace2daface

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just downloaded pokertracker so ill watch this over the weekend. Thanks stormswa for making this. This is also a bump just in case anyone is looking for something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide