Poker x Chess

S

SheldonMS

Enthusiast
Total posts
I know a lot of good chess players who are good poker players. Does this confirm that poker is a mind game?

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Total posts
Hey!
I also play chess, I think that I play better than poker, poker and chess have nothing in common, but that poker is a game of the mind.

B

Biberg1978

Rising Star
Total posts
Matemática pura

Para mim os dois são matemática pura como suas criações.

P

pwalker4201977

Rock Star
Total posts
Yes but really a game of skill n thought process like chess

A

alabos

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
No luck in chess.....i mean you do your luck in playing 2 or 3 shot before......but poker anything can happen anytime......i dont think we can put chess and poker in the same

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Both require study and patience and dedication to learning. Situational analysis and quick thinking are critical as well at higher levels

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
UZ
I think the two games are united by a mathematical mindset, concentration and patience.:)

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Total posts
Awards
UA
Poker and chess are somewhat similar. Of course, poker is a game of skillful and patient players, but nevertheless poker is often played by players who love bingo. Obviously, poker requires strategic and tactical thinking, but luck in poker also plays an important role.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Total posts
Awards
RO
i think so , the skills are similar patient and math :)

R

RekterOfChildren

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chess is not cool. Poker however is cool.

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Total posts
Was there a doubt that it is a mind game?

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Total posts
I believe there is a song that says it all, "You Got That Right"!

NightStalker

NightStalker

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
BR
Poker and chess are mind games.

fullclock

fullclock

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
If I believe in the same theory that's why poker players should start playing chess more. That would be very good.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Total posts
Poker and chess are both mind games but both have different skill outcomes. In the game of chess there is no luck, the only luck in chess is if your opponent has a brain fart in a move that he or she doesn't take advantage of. In poker you can actually get away with murder against a known top pro by luck here and there versus chess. Poker however does require skill to be consistent but luck also plays a major role as well. You need both. In chess it's 99.999999% skill.

Rost

Rost

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
UA
Poker is definitely a mind game. And although I do not know how to play chess, but I love poker, I have good results and step by step I go to my goals.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
This is an all time comparison and still dont know why ppl compare them, usually new poker players to that.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Total posts
If I have seen great chess players enter the world of poker and if it is true that in a short time they become good players since in chess they put mental game into practice and patience when making a move, in the Poker has a bit of similarity to chess only in that mental part of the game and in everything else it is different from how to play cards and read your opponents and rely only a little on luck sometimes.

S

steve01991

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
poker like chess is a thinking man's game. in chess you can see a buildup of an attack, and like in poker, you should be able to tell if a player has a strong hand (playing live) on the poker sites, its a little bit more difficult but you still can see how a player plays his cards.

najisami

najisami

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
I know a lot of good chess players who are good poker players. Does this confirm that poker is a mind game?

Poker and chess have a lot in common though they are completely different games. They both need concentration, analytic thinking, discipline and definitely a lot of patience.
But I just want to point out that poker being a mind game does not need any confirmation.

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Total posts
If the answer is short, then Yes. But if a fool plays chess, it does not mean that he will unexpectedly play poker well. This game requires a serious approach despite what you've been doing before. Playing mindlessly you will remain a fish.

S

SheldonMS

Enthusiast
Total posts
My Point.

My point is that I see a lot of chess players doing well in poker. That's why I believe some chess skills help when that players playing chess.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Total posts
I don't know how to play chess at all, which does not prevent me from playing poker, sometimes successfully.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Total posts
Awards
UA
Hi.
It doesn't matter if you know how to play chess or not when it comes to poker. I think that success in poker depends only on the discipline and patience of the player. But in general, of course, poker and chess are both mind games.
Good luck.