The Poker World has Changed !

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online seems rigged in some ways and the good life games are Dead ! Is this the end of poker as we have known it ?

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me online poker is very different indeed, we can find with some legendary account at the tables, connection problems sometimes, not having the facial reading of the opponent, .. in my opinion it is possible to have fun and profit in online poker but live is another game and better! Gl!

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker world always change , but I prefer my poker bankroll change. :)

P

ProfessorGrind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker will always change, just need to enjoy the journey

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have never played live poker, only online. But it seems to me that the game online is improving, and is gaining popularity every day. The number of players and the number of tournaments is only increasing, and I think this is a good opportunity for each of us to improve our skills and increase our bankroll.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no way around it, one has to adjust the way he can. I also see that online poker riggedness seems to grow but live poker dies off. It is sad, very sad indeed.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is like never ending story, when you think you have read it, new chapters appear

Shakes

Shakes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like almost everything its all about adapting to the times and Poker will be included in that. Much more players online then ever before with different variants as well and in the case of US players fewer places to play it. Whoever adapts to it better and quicker will get the advantage.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that every player must be able to adapt to change. If you really like this game then you are not afraid of any changes.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think poker will ever end. Those who have spoken before me have already said that max just changes, transforms from time to time everything in the world.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I believe that poker has not changed, only the owners of the poker rooms have changed ...

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker keeps growing and growing, breaking barriers and breaking down prejudices

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People have been saying the game is dead for longer than I’ve been playing professionally. Yes people continue to improve (at least those that decide to take it seriously) but there is always an edge available for those that are willing to work hard enough to achieve it :)

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are different live and online, but I do not consider one better than the other, online it is natural that you suffer more bad beats It is a constant revolution of hands, I think it is easier to achieve more money online than live, but it is only A point of view:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The easy money has been made.

The newness of online, the number of fish was once large. Now that it has matured, there are more tricky games(turbo, etc) to try to lure in players to the "new" thing.
It is regression to the norm. Real players will like the version they excel at.
Success in poker requires luck and skill. There was a time when skill-heavy players had an advantage, but the rest of the field keeps improving, so the advantage isn't so large now.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Everything changed and it will continue like this unfortunately after this pandemic passes, since I noticed in my last games a very bad variance and that tightening my game well but now it's time to adjust to this new world

B_D_Cout

B_D_Cout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online has been around a long time. Booming more now with everything going on. I doubt it’s going anywhere but the shine may be coming off for true poker players who don’t much like online poker

T

the_bridge222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker always changes, but the passion will never change.

tonzinho7620

tonzinho7620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker always has changes, so we always have to be up to date and looking for information. I consider poker a hobby

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me online poker was never the same after the Black Friday in 2011, it is so much worse than it was before. I still like to play, but I don't have the same fun as I used to have :(

P

pawelmad9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yep everything is changing man

cardartist85

cardartist85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed, it’s certainly doesn’t feel as though live poker and online poker will ever bridge the gap in straight forwardness. Online it feels rigged in several ways although if you work hard enough you can still profit. It’s just hard to know when the site is possibly employing certain players and taking a percentage of their winnings or bots and multi accounting is going on. In some circles it’s not even considered cheating due to it all being software but to me that’s shady and prevents any purity in the game of poker.

S

slais_pro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The world of poker has changed, there are more strong players, thanks to the great educational information on the Internet.

P

ProfessorGrind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker will always change, but this 'covid boom' is real

Patoamz95

Patoamz95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although online poker is a comfortable way to play it but for my point of view it does not have the same fun as live poker, it is something else, more adrenaline, nerves, etc.