Poker is what you make it.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Over the years of playing, watching, and studying poker the more and more better I get I finally start to realize that in the end all you really can do is be yourself and make the most of it. What works for one poker player might not work for you and vice versa, what works for you might not work for the poker player that you follow or look up to. Me I never had a poker coach but I've definitely did much and much research on poker strategies from players and applied them to the game from online and magazine reading. I'm very amazed on how this card game is a relation connection to the real world. Just like living life you can't be nobody but yourself in this world the same thing applies to poker. Can nobody play this game for you but yourself. So you have to do what works best for you.

Some of US poker players are conservative, aggressive, bluffers, gamblers, balanced strategists, mathematicians, psychological mind players, random decision makers, table image actors, etc. I can go on and on we all have our own unique abilities and ways of playing the game. I think this is exactly why I never really got into the whole poker chart or personal coaching because one thing a poker coach can't teach me is how to be myself. But I can learn some pointers from him or her. As for poker charts, they're not variance proof but they can definitely help but I learn to just be situational.

What do you yall think?

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In general, I agree with you. Poker is a game that reflects the player's personality, his style, temperament and innate abilities.

M

Mercury7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you have to do what works best for you.
Yes, I agree with you. I sometimes try to play loose and almost always lose, it doesn't suit me.
You need to find your own style that leads to success.

Just like living life you can't be nobody but yourself in this world
It is very very difficult to be yourself. I began to work on myself and there were good improvements. But, I still stubbornly want to redo some things, which means changing myself and sometimes I think "maybe not necessary? It's enough just to be yourself ..."

Good luck in poker and in life!:):)

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I think that regardless of your style, strategy and goals, the main thing is that the game brings you pleasure. If the game brings you pleasure, then you are on the right track.

hog123

hog123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have found the mental game to be the hardest distractions in life

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I agree with you. I sometimes try to play loose and almost always lose, it doesn't suit me.

It is very very difficult to be yourself. I began to work on myself and there were good improvements. But, I still stubbornly want to redo some things, which means changing myself and sometimes I think "maybe not necessary? It's enough just to be yourself ..."

Same to you. You can do it.

The mental thing about it is patience and discipline. Easier said than done.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I will say poker has helped me quit smoking cigs and caffeine

Isn't amazing how a card game that is known for gambling can actually give you some good side effects of life?

M

Mercury7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will say poker has helped me quit smoking cigs and caffeine

This is great! Well done!:):)
And caffeine is just coffee you stopped drinking? What about tea? Or do you drink decaffeinated coffee?

And I began to engage in emotional intelligence when I realized that I could not otherwise achieve my goals. And yes, it has a tremendous impact on life.
Indeed, poker changes the life of some people for the better.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

I totally agree with you, I've learned a lot lately, without the need for a coach and if perhaps I suffer a little it's because I keep playing at very low levels and very often I find myself with players who play very badly and are lucky. :)

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being yourself is not enough to develop in poker, you also need an opinion from the outside in order to see the mistakes that we make, but do not see.

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
really

In general, I agree with you. Poker is a game that reflects the player's personality, his style, temperament and innate abilities.
Poker really depends a lot on these requirements that you mentioned I play more because I like poker but I'm not fully prepared with these requirements

L

Luisma231

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

Yes, as it is true, therefore it is an individual game so it only depends on your reading and ability:deal:

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Over the years of playing, watching, and studying poker the more and more better I get I finally start to realize that in the end all you really can do is be yourself and make the most of it. What works for one poker player might not work for you and vice versa, what works for you might not work for the poker player that you follow or look up to. Me I never had a poker coach but I've definitely did much and much research on poker strategies from players and applied them to the game from online and magazine reading. I'm very amazed on how this card game is a relation connection to the real world. Just like living life you can't be nobody but yourself in this world the same thing applies to poker. Can nobody play this game for you but yourself. So you have to do what works best for you.

Some of us poker players are conservative, aggressive, bluffers, gamblers, balanced strategists, mathematicians, psychological mind players, random decision makers, table image actors, etc. I can go on and on we all have our own unique abilities and ways of playing the game. I think this is exactly why I never really got into the whole poker chart or personal coaching because one thing a poker coach can't teach me is how to be myself. But I can learn some pointers from him or her. As for poker charts, they're not variance proof but they can definitely help but I learn to just be situational.

What do you yall think?
It's an old adage, if you want to be successful in life then know yourself. I learned long ago that I was well suited for playing triple up SNGs, so I decided to build my expertise in the game and have done exceptionally well. A friend of mine tried to follow my footsteps and failed. While watching him play, guess I was kind of an unofficial coach, I noticed he'd go berserk whenever anyone let the time clock run down. His patience level just wasn't suited for the game. I suggested he play turbo games with 5-minute blind raises or even hypo-turbo with 3-minute blind raises. Their time clocks are much shorter. Since the change he's been doing very well.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that every player should choose his own path and develop his potential. In other words, each player has to find his own special style of play.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
An interesting statement. What does a coach give in poker, if a priori everything depends on you. If you are a cool coach, well versed in the topic and without titles, then can you teach? Can you play all your life and achieve nothing, or can you win everything you never dreamed of in a couple of years? What is the difference then, if we take two good players, but at the same time one won everything - the second nothing?