Poker Under the Influence

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hardly better. But the game becomes different. :)

Tvorets

Tvorets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not play poker under the influence of alcohol.

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer not to consume alcohol while gambling because it interferes with concentration.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't drink much in general! Sometimes I drink a glass of wine or a cold beer and I have to admit that it helps me a lot :D

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that can affect the game a lot if you drink it in excess, a glass of beer to relax but already drunk that can affect the game a lot if you drink it in excess, a glass of beer to relax but already drunk I do not think it improves your game :joyman:

M

Minakshi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CBD helps me improve my focus for poker

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I like to drink sometimes when I play, I can say that I play a little more aggressively but also that I don't care so much if I'm eliminated, I play a lot of bluff. The idea is that I never won anything concrete while drinking so the conclusion for me is simple ... no alcohol during the game!

hyfl

hyfl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely no alcohol during play (except casual play with friends), even low amount of alcohol influences judgement of the situation

Akuana

Akuana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a teetotaler, so I can't tell if I'm better or worse at poker while under the influence of alcohol or other substances)

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To maintain concentration, relaxation plays an important role, but only the relaxation that a person controls matters; everything else is an illusion.

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh.. I usually play so damn well when I'm a tad drunk.. but it doesn't last. I either get bored or angry rapidly and make baaaad choices.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Weed makes me slow and overcautious, alcohol diminishes my self-discipline and causes me to react rashly at times ...

It's the wisest to play completely sober, imo.

J

jj6m

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This doesn't sound a good investment policy

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I don’t get enough sleep I’ll play bad, anything past a few beers and I’m not on my A game

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Well, the truth is that I don't think that playing poker under the influence of drugs or alcohol is a good idea. I can't confirm because I'm not a doctor but, in a game like poker where you need maximum concentration, alcohol and drugs don't help with that.

T

thesternburglar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ways play sober. It loosens a lot of bad players up even more and going heads up against them is preferred. If you are playing multiple drunks and they all call big raises it can be a disaster for your bankroll.

Rocky87345

Rocky87345

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play better when I'm completely sober. I like to play against drunk people with deep pockets because they bluff way too often and if you can catch them it's a nice payout

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play better when I drink. It relaxes me so I can be patient and play better.

Ragonesi

Ragonesi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only " influence " I have is drinking while playing sometimes and that doesn't affect my game at all, it is a mix of relaxation and sometime being more friendly when playing a live table, that can shows a lot the opponent or make him read you wrong, sometimes the association of playing+drinking makes you a sitting duck but when you are good that can help you!

G

GORA1979

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker under the influence!!...

playing poker under the influence of any drugs will not lead to anything good, this is for sure (at least at a distance of 100%) it will not lead to good))

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
When playing online, I don't drink at all.

I understand for some people having a couple of beers relaxes them and stops them from fearing the gross suckouts, but it's too easy to have one too many and turn into a splashy maniac that donks off stack after stack.

At a home game, it's a totally different story, I'm their to socialize with my mates and have a good time, so let the drinks and chips flow!

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
playing under the influence of alcohol would definitely affect my game. I would have bad results and I could lose part of my bank.

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the other hand, I truly dislike and try to avoid playing against drunk opponents.

Logg

Logg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drinking is great for the game when it's one or two of the other folks who're drunk. I think a lot of people would say the best time to hunt for a cash game is after dark when the drinking has just begun. If your cardroom has a big bar and concerts, it is sure to bring in affluent young folks who barely know how to play.

However, don't be the ONLY sober person at a table. The game will be unpredictable, and you may see all-in preflop hands that make absolutely no sense.
Maybe just don't drink ever, i'd say.

I know this may be an unpopular opinion, but don't smoke while you're playing live either, because your attention/memory/reaction is greatly affected. Imagine sitting at the table all crittered and repeatedly having to be told when it's your turn.