IS POKER TRACKER WORTH IT AT MICRO LEVELS?

C

crow27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been going back and forth on this for about 3 months now. I sometimes feel that if I have something like "tracker", it would give my game a big boost because as much as I like to think that I can concentrate on my oponents, I have recognized that I can only get what I consider REALLY good reads on 2, maybe 3 other players at the same table. If I play more than 1 table (mtts and sngs) I'm lucky if I get 1 solid read per table.
The thing that is stopping me from getting this is the fact that I really only play the micro levels. $1-$5 but mostly the $1 and I'm about to be 1st time DAD and now have VERY limited BR lol
So would it be worth the money if i'm just playing the micros? or not.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Holdem manager smallstakes edition $55?

SPCotter

SPCotter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given your situation, no probably, if you can multitable and change a nappy then I bow down to you sir! :D

Saying that I'm just about to shell out for HEM myself the only reason my trial hasn't expired today is because it's been constantly running, if you end up playing regularly, it is worth it. I haven't noticed I'm winning more, but it's helped me make good educated decisions for sure, and I've definately snuffed out a few leaks already, and I considered myself quite a rounded player before HEM (I still do, just helps sharpen the edges!)

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerTracker was *vital* in me becoming a winning player at micro stakes.
But it wasn't due to my ability to see stats. I think the primary benefit was that I did not like having bad plays on my permanent record. Before PT, I'd do a lot of "I think I'm beat but it's only $.10" calls. But once I knew all of those plays would give me bad stats, I straightened up and was substantially less likely to do tilty things.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PT will pay for itself, it is worth it. If not for making money, but to see the wholes in your game. There is so much valuable information to had by using tracking software, I wouldn't know where to begin.

G

Grinderinoz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had been thinking seriously about getting PT myself as well. After reading this thread I think I'll give it a go, if only to review my leaks.

I wonder if they can put a lil electric charge on the call button in your mouse that gives you a little zap everytime you make a donk call LOL

PopeNegro

PopeNegro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I completely agree, the most useful feature of pokertracker is the ability to view and replay any previous hand in its database. Helps to plug leaks in your game, and to go back and try to figure out exactly why u were doing 5betting 72o against a nit.

undone

undone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does the poker tracker really help you? I mean do you think it could dramatically increase your level of play?

BLieve

BLieve

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea I am also playing the micro levels and have been wondering the same thing. I see a lot of you recommend it for patching up your leaks but can someone give me a concrete example of that? Is there a standard set of stats that an optimal player will be playing at?

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide