This is the right thread for me :p thanks for the tips

B

Bluff_Not

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the very solid write-up.

While we all had our share of good and bad luck, it is exactly as you say...
Consistency will win in the long run

Bluff_Not

R

rolledup

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good thoughts, I also believe that you could add only play online when you can be focused, never play online when you are doing other things or play live when you are drunk, ect

The_Missnary

The_Missnary

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People ask that question all the time:

"How should I play?"

I always say the same thing... Get a good poker book by a respected author (a player) whose style you admire and whose personality/style fits how you play. Read the book/follow the book/don't deviate until you're good enough to do so. You might be playing tight and not be making huge profits, but you'll probably be ahead more often than not.

The_Missnary

The_Missnary

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
woodsy44 said:
EnlightenUp "Sometimes I just get a feeling about that 6-4 suited" is not. Im sorry but this answer is acceptable to some people i think. i have made a call many times with my gut feeling / instinct and a lot of times i have gotten my card. Dont take shots at me and a few others because we are a bit psychic and you are not.[/QUOTE said:
64suited plays in some situations... pros like to see flops with that hand.. a good time to play it is when multiple callers are coming in to see the flop. Try to limp in and catch a straight or flush.. I won't play that hand with one other guy but I'll definitely limp with four or five.

ihopeimakeaset

ihopeimakeaset

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nice tips, I like #1 alot. Usually I don't like to chat at all when I play because I notice it affects my game somehow (usually -EV for me hehe.)

quazar66

quazar66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
k2s k3s and so on

my thoughts on the kxs is that 1/3 of the time when you get a flush the ace will be on the board so yes if its cheap take it to the flop. Qxs is more risky you dont have good outs if you miss

Poker Tips