Poker Table Etiquette

How do you react if you take a bad beat and lose all your chips to a donk?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Blackchipp

Blackchipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think about the lack of education of some players during poker games?

Take part in the poll on how you act at the table when you lose your stack to a donk. Be honest ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Blackchipp

Blackchipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
etiquette is fundamental to a good poker table working well, agree?

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People's lack of respect is not just at the tables, it is everywhere. Many people who do not have peace of mind are like that and try to take the peace of mind from us that we have. A long time ago I behaved as such and then life started teaching me and I also looked for help to deal with it and today I am more controlled at the tables I try to leave the player talking to myself, I don't even answer the ignore completely.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just ignore them if they are being rude and disrespectful. act like they are not there and like they don't exist.

E

el79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sadly his lack of education is exceeding poker. Whoever is ill-mannered at an insurance table is in everyday life ..... I see it very badly and I demand greater respect between and for everyone

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually there is no answer that suits for me. I could certainly curse a little. Call him son of a b. But then be like Sorry man and stuff. And go to 3rd option.
You guys are all too sensitive :D I don't see much wrong in a little bit of cursing.
No big deal.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Obviously, beginners, in most cases, have insufficient knowledge. But I think the main thing for any beginner is to understand the basics of the game, try to be patient and not play with junk.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes some people can say lots of rude words to anyone and just show total disrespect. Some people can be really angry cause of bad beats, or if someone can call with nothing or with bad hand and get lucky and win something.
I understand, that sometimes it,s hard to control yourself, especially if you were playing a couple of hours in a tournament and lost hand cause of someone play it bad, but was lucky.
Anyway this is not OK at all to say any rude words at the poker tables. If someone say something rude, just make a screenshot and send it poker rooms support team. Maybe they will not ban this people at all, but they can lock the poker chat for that players and maybe next time they will not say this rude words, and no matter why they are saying that.
Who knows, maybe some people use this rude words as a game plan just to take off someones patience.

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Etiquette

This is a lost art of respect period. These kids should wise up if they know whats best for them. Capo1014

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a whole universe and I think that people in it have a different understanding of life.So it is not worth waiting for constancy at the table.But my opinion is invariably etiquette above all else.You can talk about this for a long time-you should try not to pay attention to people with a bad character.

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think about the lack of education of some players during poker games?

Take part in the poll on how you act at the table when you lose your stack to a donk. Be honest ...

I can't answer this poll or question as asked. Too much info missing.

Bugi

Bugi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Knock the table once, nod in a "good hand" gesture and leave.

Variance

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People's lack of respect is not just at the tables, it is everywhere. Many people who do not have peace of mind are like that and try to take the peace of mind from us that we have. A long time ago I behaved as such and then life started teaching me and I also looked for help to deal with it and today I am more controlled at the tables I try to leave the player talking to myself, I don't even answer the ignore completely.

Yep, agree:)

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If I played my hand right, then I am upset that I lost the hand, but not at the player. It is only one hand. Let me play him for hundreds and thousands of hands and I will have all my chips back from that one bad beat.

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly I always act in a furious way, it's hard to fall for a bad hand and accepting it is worse, but after a while I get over the rage of that bad hand.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I picked the last option of leaving quietly; this scenario doesn't usually tilt me at all because I know I made a +EV play. What bothers me more is when I messed up and I know I'm the one to blame. Things like not folding a worse hand I knew was worse or trying to bluff a calling station for no reason - in these cases, it is on me and that bothers me more than a little variance ;)

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think beginners also have the right to play poker. However, sometimes such players and their silly decisions are very annoying because in fact they have no idea what they are doing at all.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont pay attention to things I cant control, so that way they cant distract me.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Can honest say I would accept the defeat and walk away and this is why.

Was at a tournament series and playing my last event before going home. With about 22BB left and closing in on the money a manic raised UTG. I was next to act with pocket kings. I knew he would call me lite and went with the all in. When i folded to him he hem and hawed for a few minutes. He started calling out hands I could have but announced I could not have kings so I knew he had one. He finally said it could be a bluff and 10 seconds later say yeah its a bluff and call and proudly show K5 both clubs. The flop door card was the King and 2 fives. The turn was the 5 and I was drawing dead on the river. I tapped the table and wished everyone good luck and walked about 5 steps away and turned to get my drink off the table. Everyone was just staring at me waiting for the explosion. I grabbed my drink and left not saying anything else. Yeah I can loose with dignity.

Still to this day cant figure out why he thought I was bluffing and his K5 would be good but that's a story for another day. LOL

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually a good game and a congratulatory handshake. If they played impressively I will catch them later to tell them so. I never critique the other player unless he asks me to.