Poker Swings Advice

J

Jimbob900

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay so this week was my first week of putting in serious hours at 1/3 live...

in my first 3 days playing a total of 12 hours Ive made $504, but tonight I lost two big all ins and lost $500. so I'm right back where I started..

to say I'm disappointed is an understatement, but I know this is part of the game. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice in this situation and encouragement because I got up from the table feeling pretty crappy but also realizing I need to improve my skills

thanks

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look at this situation as follows - you have not made an additional 5 deposits, and lost only the money that recently won! Everything could have turned out very bad, you in tilte would have made a lot of deposits! Well done that was able to stop in time! Look at their games and understand at what point began to make mistakes and why you lost!

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
What games did you play?

J

Jimbob900

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve been playing 1/3 live nlh

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You mentioned it being part of the game makes it little easier to swallow. Those nights and hands are inevitable and have to let it roll off and get back in there. Play 2/3 and will buy in for the max with 200.00 behind that if needed. Some nights, you just can't get a break, you're in good and those low percentage outs catch up to you.

Have to stay focused and you want people to make bad calls, you will win most of those and accept the ones you don't. Always say nice hand, well played as my chips are moved across the table. Knowing that I want players to make poor choices with the hands I'm in because those will get you most profit in long run.