Poker superstitions

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Does anybody have any superstitions about anything when are playing poker? I have one. I remember one time I won one of our $100 freerolls playing on ACR and I blew the whole bankroll without winning any of it back, so I don't play there very often. I play on BCP most of the time. It seems like there must be a jinx or a curse against me on the other skin.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Awards
Nope, not superstitions, no four leaf clovers, no lucky coins and or objects. Just wrong or right and move on to the next hand or tournament.

sincos

sincos

Rock Star
Awards
I have a superstition that if I lose 2 stacks today, the loss will continue....

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Awards
Hello.
In general, I do not believe in superstitions or omens. But I have one very important ritual, it is daily meditation. Meditation helps me stay calm, patient and stay focused.

C

casique31

Rock Star
I don't believe in superstitions, but there is a poker App that incredibly all bad omens come true. You don't get a hand like people after a withdrawal

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
I have another superstition-You will bust out early if you drink beer during any tournament that has a prize pool of over $5K.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Rock Star
Awards
No superstitions here,
Just some favourite hands, which normally wouldn's be playable.
Otherwise, just playing solid poker

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
I don't really believe in superstition and I think it's silly for poker! You must be disciplined and patient and only these skills will help you, and superstition is for complete beginners! Good luck at the tables!

Tracid

Tracid

Pretty stupid for an A.G.I.
Community Guide
Awards
One superstition that seems to work (on occasion :laugh:) is when playing live, all-in and behind you get up and put your coat on...

:marchmell

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
I have this irrational fear that when I register in a tournament feeling distracted or on tilt I'm like flushing my bankroll down the toilet.

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
We should all remember to pause a moment before each session to thank the poker gods for all the blessed little fishies!

Last edited:
DanS87

DanS87

Rock Star
Awards
No specific superstitions as such, more just routines and things. Before I sit down to play I have a specific routine I like to follow, and if I don't then I find myself feeling not quite right, and sometimes I can find that particularly distracting (which obviously is not good).

jfofla

jfofla

Visionary
Awards
I used to play at 888poker and I just lost, so I joined pokerstar and it turned my game around, so at 888poker I don't play anymore because I'm unlucky.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Rock Star
Awards
If at a live table, I walk around the table 3 times before sitting down. If at home on computer, I walk around my chair 3 times before sitting down.

Nikola Tesla would walk around a building 3 times before entering.:party:

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Awards
My superstition is the number 8. I see it as a lucky number and it can get me in trouble sometimes!

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
I used to say gg, everyone, after the turn when I was all in and behind, and lots of times I was able to continue, just like "Don't look back" in the video.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Awards
DE
If I won a big pot in the last hand, I feel compelled to fold the next one almost everytime.

If one player is in the hand with his last blind I usually fold as well.