The End For Poker Streamers?

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With over 100K this month alone. Tonkaaaa has been tearing it up in 1000 dollar buy-in tournaments ever since he quit streaming. Lex almost had a heart attack and has cut way back in streaming. Kevin Martin bowed out. Even mixed games fans lost Talonchick, who chose to run a business instead of stream poker. These streamers are further strengthening a long standing point of mine, you can either be a successful streamer or a successful poker player, you cant be both.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think anything is possible

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
IMHO, the game does not affect anyone !! that is professional, if you ask me why? It is simple, they have such a high stack, which is just showing you divertimento for them and it really serious ... greetings :cool::icon_stud

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These streamers are further strengthening a long standing point of mine, you can either be a successful streamer or a successful poker player, you cant be both.
The streamers that I've watched were good entertainers but didn't seem to do all that well at poker. Maybe I watched the wrong streams at the wrong time or maybe your conclusion is 100% correct? Seems the latter.

B

Biibel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The streamers that I've watched were good entertainers but didn't seem to do all that well at poker. Maybe I watched the wrong streams at the wrong time or maybe your conclusion is 100% correct? Seems the latter.

It seems not.

I don't understand this topic at all, ofc you can great at poker and great at streaming. What is this?

guineasqueak

guineasqueak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hard to be both because you are exposing your entire play-style and verbalized thought processes to the entire watching community. It won't take long to figure out a streamer, and than they are being hunted by unknown players who know them inside out, but who the streamer has no idea of.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
These streamers are further strengthening a long standing point of mine, you can either be a successful streamer or a successful poker player, you cant be both.

Jamie Staples has discussed this a lot of late (with his brother and Doug Polk) and seems to conclude streaming is an endless drain.

Hours of a live feed where one strives to both play whilst entertain is too tall of order. He wants to keep a certain level of stream going (in part to stand out from the crowd and produce a decade plus worth of streams) but is already looking to diversify his content.

To be frank, I think the cleverer avenue for content providers has been the one taken by poker vloggers such as Andrew Neeme. The vlogs take creativity and application (not to mention production/editing skills) but you do not need to be focused on live performance for 8 to 10 hour sessions....and then have to get up a day or so later and do it again...and again.

Last edited:
D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think when you broadcast a tournament can not concentrate properly, but I think a poker player neck will have the same popularity as a player of video games.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!Everything depends as always on the professionalism of the player.Everyone has UPS and downs -even them).And so I think not a hindrance, and even more helps you to think more deeply.good luck!