Poker state of mind

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you believe is your best state of mind for playing poker?

How do you ,step by step prepare yourself, when you are far from your normal mentality?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recommend that you do not play if you find yourself without the necessary mood.
Unless you are a very experienced player, playing without desire is a mistake.
The simplest game errors are more likely to occur when the player is not well focused.
On the other hand, the game becomes more fun when all our senses are focused on it.
If you are in good energy to play and want to train the concentration before sitting at a table, there is a wide range of exercises that can help you improve the concentration, such as playing games where you train your mind (in my case I play tetris before playing poker).
But while you are in a low mood or not wanting to play poker, I recommend that you do not play. At least not with real money.
Greetings.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no particular mood in the game, I just sit down and play. And I try to show the best game. And I constantly set myself one main task, today I have to learn something new.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no particular mood in the game, I just sit down and play. And I try to show the best game. And I constantly set myself one main task, today I have to learn something new.

I recommend James "Split suit" Sweeney on Youtube.
He makes alot of great teaching content
mainly analyses of cash games
but many concepts carry over to any poker game or variation

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that good mood, patience and discipline are three essential components for a successful game.

C

curiplop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The important thing is to feel the game, if you are playing for the obligation of releasing some bonus or playing in non-optimal conditions such as tiredness, stress, frustration, better not to play is sure loss

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that good mood, patience and discipline are three essential components for a successful game.
COULDNT AGREE MORE
as long as discipline involves attentiveness and focus!!

Pepitcho23

Pepitcho23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
personaly i never started a tournament if i wasn't able to finish it.
like when im tired or if i have something to do more later.
i like to use my patience, here is the clef , for a good poker mind.
don't forget to hydrate your body and eat something, it can change your state of mind.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The important thing is to feel the game, if you are playing for the obligation of releasing some bonus or playing in non-optimal conditions such as tiredness, stress, frustration, better not to play is sure loss
Gf raises hell and accusations galore!!
I took first in the monday league game

Friend has been taken off life support
dead last in the league game

I used to watch Barry Greenstein while he was 3 days in on a session.
I learned that playing tired is only difficult to those that don't practice playing for days on end.
I actually have a thread titled
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/sleep-affecting-results-in-depth-look-425225/

Like Bruce Banner said "You wanna know how I can control it?
I'm always angry"

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
personally I have better results when I show discipline and rigor. to reach this state of mind you have to be calm and confident in these abilities. When I am demotivating or stressing too much before a game starts. I speak to my subconscious and repeat the same sentence for several minutes. it's usually (I'm happy) or (I'm the best poker player in the world). by force it makes it possible to make disappear all the negative thoughts. I'm also looking at a strategic video to prepare myself to make the right decisions.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very important is to be in good physical and mental shape. If you are tired or if your mind is anywhere else it will not work well. If these conditions are met a short break (not sleep) to clear your mind and focus on the upcoming game is what i do.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well who is my physique is well the mind tends to follow, so I try to do some exercises before a session

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is a hobby for me, so I only play when I have free time and a good mood. I think every player should enjoy the game and in that case the result will always be better.

O

obli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I adjust myself to the fact that I came to play and not to win, and to enjoy the game.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I have no special preparation and meditation, it is an interesting event for me ...

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always have the same mood before playing poker. Because I play mostly freerolls. If I go to play at a tournament, then I’m already having to thoroughly prepare for the game. Sits to play with a bad condition a bad thought. I never do that.