Chips
You need a cup of tea or coffee to not make yourself feel sleepy

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it happens to me that I can sleep well during the day and sit down to play a night poker session, but after a couple of hours I still feel sleepy, I think that my body simply cannot adapt to these conditions

If your like me, u just love the game to much but one must listen to their body. Play when u feel
Best not when u want to.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your body has not readjusted itself for night games. I understand you well - once I had to sit out in a tournament and go to bed, because my eyes were closing behind the monitor. Better unregister and give the body what it requires of you.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Nothing mess up with my sleep, not even poker! :D

I love morning games with my first coffee, sometimes I play in the afternoon, very rarely at night...

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
when playing poker, every victory gives energy, of course you need to think about your health and sleep is an important thing, because a player who doesn't sleep is a loser

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everybody! Sometimes I also was sleeping in during play in online tournaments, but however several times I had hit in prize zone,
and after this, truth, very rarely, I won the tournaments even! Conclusion: sometimes better a few to nap, and this means less to play,
that to get more profit!

vladsink

vladsink

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
I also had this, I play and fell asleep, woke up once and was still in the game, I managed to double the stack a couple of times and go far into prizes

Vrotebal

Vrotebal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is not compatible, you need to choose one

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if your body is not adapting to this time to play then maybe it's time to change the time session, playing tired or sleepy is extremely losing in the long run, reasoning will not work correctly for decision making.

W33dzLov3r

W33dzLov3r

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Everyone here shared good suggestions about physical aspects, I`ll share a psychological or emotional one. Start a new exercise, in your mind, and start controlling your thoughts. Select willingly what you want to think about, especially during gameplay. Focus on positive thoughts and optimistic outcomes, decline, delete, and intentionally IGNORE negative thoughts and emotions. Suppress the emotions of negative vibes by focusing on their opposites. I can do this after some time of training, and if I can, so can EVERYONE ELSE in here or in the world. Remember, what you think about, will happen in some form or manner, someday sometime somehow somewhere. You`ll discover in time these spectacular Synchronicities when you will WANT AAs for instance and the other 2 on the FLOP and THAT`S what will actually happen. Once in a thousand hands, but TaDaaaa it`s there ;) Good luck with this 1 too. PS: FUN is SUPER Important as an emotion, so make sure you HAVE FUN at the poker tables regardless your time of playing ;)

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not normal to sleep during the day. try to reverse that .

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
With a long time, your body will get used to the new timing. The most important thing is not to give up, then try harder

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
What is certain is that without an adequate amount of sleep, not only poker will not work, but nothing in life in general. People cannot concentrate when they are tired, make mistakes easily, and get into more unfortunate situations because of their carelessness.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
We usually need 7-9 hours of sleep, which is especially important if you want to play poker productively. It's a myth that some people don't need that many hours of sleep.You just need to play for an hour or two a day and it will be fine.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, lately I don't have enough strength to play at night, even if I sleep during the day, drowsiness appears closer to one o'clock in the morning and I often fall asleep sitting on a chair while playing.😭

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you have this situation because you want to play and as soon as you play poker for a couple of hours you are already tired or sleepy, this feeling that you have already done what you wanted and satisfied your desires and needs and your brain is already drowsy if you lie down for a while for 15-20 minutes and do other things you want to play poker again this is how a friend works

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing sleepy poker is very tricky. Concentration is lost and the construction of movements is always illogical. It's best to sleep and play again the next day when you're rested. But it's a good option to beat sleep if you can rest during the afternoon and then spend the whole night playing.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
There were almost full nights spent playing poker almost compulsorily, since they were tournaments scheduled through satellites, nowadays I almost don't play satellites and I prefer to sleep at night, that's why nights were made.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
it happens to me that I can sleep well during the day and sit down to play a night poker session, but after a couple of hours I still feel sleepy, I think that my body simply cannot adapt to these conditions
Try to adjust for important tournaments where you have a better chance of winning. I don't recommend playing with no sleep. As a healthy and sound sleep is the basis of high performance of our brain. And our productive brain is the main key to victories! ;):geek:

almir nicolau

almir nicolau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
sleep and days off poker are very important for a good mental development, because the mind is very busy with studies and grind, good to select a time for grind and grind days (5 days of grind) for you to get a better performance at the tables .
eating and practicing sports helps a lot, we have to take good care of our work tool (body and mind).
I suggest you play at the peak rates of the rooms and have a healthy pre-grind routine (wake up and do your tasks (after 5 hours the mind is already wide awake to make better decisions.
Hint: never wake up and sit down to play because your mind is not 100% turned on yet!! glglgl