Poker îs a big challenge

C

Cezar23927

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me poker has been a big challenge, ever since I Discovery IT în 2009.

When I started playing poker I got lucky and won a freeroll on pokerstars 3 place for 150 $, good money at that Time în my home country România, almoast minimum wage salary.

After that up and down no profit only lost, that îs why only played a little now and then between this years.

Now în 2020 because of this Covid crisis I started to play more again, Because I worked on river cruise on Europe river a d this got ca cele.

I hâd good results on unibet, won a omaha tournament, 2 place 163 euro.
Also won some cash omaha around 30 e. At holdem not so much

I started also again on Pokerstars to play, but I feel a lot more varia e than în Unibet, played a lot of spin and go omaha 2$, got lucky one Day won 50 $ at this spin, but The varia e made its toll and lost. Wanted to ay this week Sunday storm got 2 salatelite to win The tivket but lost.

I started to feel lately what chace does a normal player of makinh money at poker, I mean I put on The work for this, I study hard, books, masterclass, YouTube videos, couches etc. but I feel that I have s-o low chances.

I started to study and Discovery that a lot of poker site are cheeating to make rake, a lot of Times loosing with Best cards.

How do You guys play poker and have good results în this big poker industry that îs run like a business?

F

futureballoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Need a lot of patience and time to perfect the craft of playing consistently. Also you need to realize that most tournaments you won't actually walk away with money.

I think I recall that even pros only walk away with money less than 20% of the time. This means 80%+ of the time they walk away with nothing. Change your expectations of what is "good results" and you'll have more patience :)

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is key, it's also smart if you have bankrolls or some amount of money on 2/3 sites instead of just and then switch between sites or keep playing only the same few tournament each day, like (2x1,10$ 2x 2,20$ 2x 3,30$ games, and maybe use that to build a stack up,

if you go on a losing streak just take a break for 1day or so and then go back and try again but keep your stakes the same and dont try to run after losing money that never works you will only lose more.

GL with your games. hope you can build something from it!

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing poker about 3-4 years ago. For me, this is first and foremost an interesting pastime. But I am also trying to gradually improve my skills and improve my results. For the last few months, I have been playing mostly freerolls and as a result my bankroll has started to grow.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely poker is not simple game and due to the rake most players are loosing money and few are on 0 or plus balance. I used entirely freerolls in the beginning so that i can earn around 50$ as my initial bankroll without deposit. Now i am mixing 0.55$ MTTs with freerolls so that i can continue to build up my bankroll and eventually switch entirely to normal MTTs and try to climb up the buyin levels.

pro100phil

pro100phil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to make money with poker, you need a lot of patience and diligence.

xmuggpokerx

xmuggpokerx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience, balance, trust, good faith. Indurance.

xmuggpokerx

xmuggpokerx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh and some intelligence. Duh