The Poker Resolution Thread

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
New Year's is a while away still, but some things are better changed right away. Here's my list of things I promise I'll change!

5. I'll cut down on overplaying pocket pairs. They're purty, but expensive (and just as I'm writing this, I called with 22 in the hole. *sigh*).

4. If I have a read on someone, I'll actually start to trust it. If he hasn't raised preflop without a top hand in the past 500 hands, I shouldn't hope that my A-high is good.

3. If I get check-raised on the turn, my top pair, weak kicker is probably no good. I'll try to fold a lot more often.

2. I'll be more aggressive. More on this in another thread.

... and the final promise:

1. I'll stop thinking it's a good idea to log on and play poker when I get home late from the pub.

Anyone care to join me in making some poker-improving resolutions?

Tammy

Tammy

Awards
Well, FP, you pretty much hit the nail on the head for me as well (except for #1, this would probably apply more to my husband on occassion...lol). These are always the mistakes I find myself making during play, and the ones I always tell myself afterward, "You knew better than that! What were you thinking?!?! ARGH!" So, when I am having a bad time at the tables, I will dig up this thread as a friendly reminder to keep my wits!

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
- I will not tilt, not even when sir donk catches 3 runner runner flushes in a row to bust me.

- I will trust my instincts more.

- I will learn to walk away from a table if it's become a bad table to play on.

- As FP said, poker, pub, alcohol, etc. >_>

DESSERTLADY

DESSERTLADY

Legend
Dorkus Malorkus said:
-
- I will learn to walk away from a table if it's become a bad table to play on.
>_>

Dorkus,

I think my husband needs to read this one :( and live by it!

Sammyv1

Sammyv1

Legend
Grumbledook said:
playing when you get in from the pub and losing is great fun tho ;]

And winning is even better. I was hammered one time and I played and I was sooooooooo card strong it was crazy. I was chatting like crazy on the screen. Something I usually never do when I'm playing. I even told the guys I was playing with that I was wasted. They didn't mind though, but I sure did take a lot of money from them. I got some lucky hands and some real good starting hands on this day, but all in all I should refrain from playing at 2:30 A.M. in a Drunken state!

M

Mr Fugly

To stop calling on the river in home games (When you know you are beat) just to see WHAT IT WAS THAT BEAT YOU !!!!!

Fug`s :mad:

Dennis C

Dennis C

My resolutions are to quit smoking, sleeping with hookers, and smoking medicinal things as much.:canabis: Oh wait, I miss read this you want poker resolutions. :) O.K. forget the others I wasn't going to stop them anyway.;)
For starters I'm going to learn to fold my 2 pair after slow playing and seeing the flush or strait come to the board 4, 5, and 6 handed.
I will defiantly stop getting shit faced before I play poker in a live game.:drunken_s
I will learn that limping in is not a bad thing and you don't have to raise up every time you have good cards.
I will learn that just because I won a few low buy in tourneys that does not mean I can go play with the big dogs and get rich quick.
I will build my bank roll up and keep it there.:questionm :)
Well these are my resolutes. I think all of us have the drinking thing except for Grum who apparently thinks it's fun.

F

Freakakanus

Legend
brianna c said:
My resolutions are not to quit smoking, smoking medicinal ??? things as much.:canabis:
I will learn that limping in is not a bad thing and you don't have to raise up every time you have good cards.
I will learn that just because I won a few low buy in tourneys that does not mean I can go play with the big dogs and get rich quick.
I will build my bank roll up and keep it there.:questionm :)
These are good for me

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Awards
Well let me see???????????? Oh Ya I`m 60 yeard old and i have used up all my resolutions. LOL>>LOL>>>>>>>>>> buck