cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
poker resembles what? for you
when I first started learning to play poker in July 2015, I saw some of the pairs that poker had with a puzzle game, chess and even the stock market ... and for you, poker resembles what?

K

KristianMedK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To me it resembles that life can be unfair.

You can make the right decision and still fall short of someone making the 'wrong' decision. be it morally, or statistically in poker.

And the only constructive way of dealing with it is getting back up, and not hold grudges, as life/the cards won't be any nicer to you because of a bad beat.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
15 years ago I used to play the seka card game, now for me online poker is just a card game that I like and in which you can get extra profit!

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
To me it resembles that life can be unfair.

You can make the right decision and still fall short of someone making the 'wrong' decision. be it morally, or statistically in poker.

And the only constructive way of dealing with it is getting back up, and not hold grudges, as life/the cards won't be any nicer to you because of a bad beat.

I do not understand very well .... it seems to resemble tears or sadness .... smile friend ... often 22 wins AA .... normal in poker
15 years ago I used to play the seka card game, now for me online poker is just a card game that I like and in which you can get extra profit!
when poker resembles profit is because the player speaking that already sends very well with the cards

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me it has a lot of similarity between poker and Russian roulette. In both cases you have to move at the right time. where you win and you stay on the floor.:)

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker doesn't resemble anything I'm used to. Yes, it could be like chess when you play against those who can think ahead and know how to deceive. But there's just too much luck to compare it to anything I'm used to. In addition, you're not ranked, and the luck factor being so high, you can't assume a given outcome. I like the game but hate the luck of the bad and random cards, which can both defy your true chances of winning.

TheMuffier

TheMuffier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker doesn't resemble anything I'm used to. Yes, it could be like chess when you play against those who can think ahead and know how to deceive. But there's just too much luck to compare it to anything I'm used to. In addition, you're not ranked, and the luck factor being so high, you can't assume a given outcome. I like the game but hate the luck of the bad and random cards, which can both defy your true chances of winning.
Are you new to poker or something? You seem rather clueless.

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like you can compare poker to many games, from documentaries I’ve seen many players have transitioned from magic the gathering to poker

TheMuffier

TheMuffier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker resembles what? for you
when I first started learning to play poker in July 2015, I saw some of the pairs that poker had with a puzzle game, chess and even the stock market ... and for you, poker resembles what?
I think poker resembles pretty much anything that involves the following:

1. Psychology
2. Strategy
3. Competition

I think stock markets are the best fit as far as poker is concerned but overall. Anything that has the aforementioned 3 things can resemble poker.

I have heard bull riders describe poker using bull riding. I've heard all sorts of competitve people use their own thing to describe poker.

But the best one I have heard is that poker is a lot like life.
At this point you imagine a tough light situation, and compare it to a poker career. Or tournament life.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a company where it must be well managed, otherwise you will go bankrupt.

D

davem86

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
369465.png

TheMuffier

TheMuffier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quite a rude reply, you should be banned
Are you so mollycoddled that you don't know when someone is simply being straight forward with you?

Why would that call for a ban? If you argument for banning me is valid then I won't fight it.
But if not, please learn to think about the things people say to you, not everyone is here to sugar coat things and Mollycoddle you.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
when I play poker I sometimes remember the naval battle games ... I think by the real figures it just reminds me of the crusades or maybe the hearts and spades ... poker makes me think of these medieval battles ... incredible as: numbers , figures, mathematics and rules provoke me to this imaginary journey to the remote times of the medieval battles

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker reminds me of stock, you can lose all the money in one minute, or you can double your capital:)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
poker is a pleasant feeling, but at great risk)))

Attachments

• d22cd4f4b47882daba2c10c75686293b.jpg
    d22cd4f4b47882daba2c10c75686293b.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 5