emk211

emk211

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Patience is the key. You must be willing to wait patiently, for cards, for players, for the dealers, it is the single biggest problem to overcome. It requires discipline. It requires a thick skin. It requires the ability to resist the urges to make stupid bets. It requires the desire to win, fold premium cards when the flop goes wrong.

Too many players use good cards as an excuse to overbet, and they use the same cards to overbet after the flop when they should be folding. Premium cards are a reason to be in a hand, but not the reason to stay.

gambling is gambling either way. The key is patience. Every hand is random. Every hand has a random result. Playing the cards that give you the best chance to win requires patience, true you can win on the river, you can flop the nuts, you can turn a boat, playing the hand just because you have AA when the board gives you every reason to fold is what most players do, a real pro should be able to fold...of course it all depends on the type of game you are in and the situation, how many players are in the hand, bubble play, chip count...I have folded AA, AK, KK, QQ on various occasions and been right to do so each time.

Patience.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely agree with you. Only patience and discipline can allow us to succeed in the long run.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, patience is the key to the win. Usually i want to play lots of hands, but at some point i understand, that this is doesn,t work that way. You need to wait for a good hand and try to play it. Especially if you play low limits or freerolls, people will call you lots of times even with garbage hands and you can win cause of that.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Totally agree with you, patience and discipline are essential to have success in poker.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's right, passience is everything in this game.which I can't control because I always leave with worse cards.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With as much patience as yours, all the chips will go to the blinds. especially by throwing away the connectors of kings and aces. Although patience is definitely a key factor in the game.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The professional player achieves success in his game through a conscious understanding of his actions and the actions of his opponent. Will, resilience, and the blessings of fortune are also of great importance.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It is correct what you say but if you have too much patience and do not play almost at all the others at the table will realize when you go that you have a good hand and they will not pay you, you must know to try your hand sometimes even if you know you have little chance big winnings with a slight loss, this to be in the eyes of opponents as being somewhat active ...

demesquita

demesquita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is the key for a good poker, true that. But there are also a significant number of variants that came into play together with patience and waiting eternally for some great hands in a great spot will most likely lead you into bleeding out blinds until the end. One of the those "other factors is playing position or stack size.
As we all know:
Cards > Stack > Position > Cards

shim36

shim36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think what you're saying is right.
I want to improve my skills so that I can be patience.

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I absolutely agree with you. As Warren Buffet once said "The stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient". I belive Poker is much the same way.

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Totally agree
Patience is definitely the number one key factor to becoming a good poker player:D

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
IN POKER YOU MUST BUILD YOUR PATIENCE IN THE GAME, MANY PROFESSIONALS LEARN TO TALK WITH THE PSYCHOLOGIC OF THE OTHER PLAYERS, MAKING YOU UNABLE TO RATE IN YOUR HANDS AND FATALLY LOSE THE GAME. I understand that this also makes the game interesting

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience to wait for the luck to fall on your side

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i endure for more than 6 years
i would like to get a reward for my patience

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree patience and also sometimes luck!

K

kndjordan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
true

Acho que a paciência é a principal defesa contra você.

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it's true. And if patience is not enough, then it is better to take a break from poker.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Of course, our patience is a key skill. Patience allows us to remain persistent and disciplined so that every day, step by step we go to the goal.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always said poker is very similar to chess. But more dangerous. Definitely requires many skills to be well played.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think its patience and time.............if tou have that anything can happen

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have always said my biggest "skill" at poker is simply my patience. And in terms of tournaments (which is all I play, I don't play cash games at all), along with patience goes its partner, endurance. I feel like I can out-wait and out-last anyone if I have to, and obviously that means I focus on deep stacked, non-turbo tourneys. You put me in a turbo tournament (such as the Cardschat League I'm in) and I'm totally lost, I'm clueless how to succeed in those, because patience and endurance aren't required at all. You have to win hands, and win them fast in the league tourneys. Not my strength at all!!

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing for many years, you realize that without discipline in poker, there is simply nothing to do.You can talk a lot about this topic-but one thing is clear that discipline leads only to a positive result.Well, the fact that you can fold premium hands means that you have learned to read the game and this is a good result.You need motivation to play-learn poker every day and continue to learn it in every hand.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

totally agree with you ... every paragraph !!! it is true patience and knowing how to let go when the hand is not favorable even if they are AA, waiting for the best situation is from a true player ... greetings!

M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience and discipline

I totally agree with you. As Chris Ferguson says "Patience is the secret of poker". But we also need discipline when you play poker. I this are the 2 main keys to success.