staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Everyone has sins, I think it is better to play poker than to use drugs, for example

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is forbiden for the Bible

gambling is forbidden for the Bible, and as many religions say they are based on the Bible, then their subjects should not play poker ... but ... if you say it is an incomplete statistics game ... you have an excuse ...
Frankly, I haven't seen in the Holy Bible that gambling is forbidden or sinful. I believe that evangelical pastors preach this to have more money for tithing.
The big problem with gambling is that you will lose, or you will be cheated. In other words, you'll see your cards, the cards can be marked, if it's electronic over the internet, you can be playing against the machine and not against ordinary people, and that's why strange moves come up and the explanations will always be the same.

surfer696

surfer696

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips

gambling is forbidden for the Bible, and as many religions say they are based on the Bible, then their subjects should not play poker ... but ... if you say it is an incomplete statistics game ... you have an excuse ...
Hahaha perfecto

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As for me, I wouldn't to connect these absolutely the polar topics... Why?!. This, as try to connect another couple unfitting each other things,
for example: sugar and salt together!..

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips

not a problem for me I'm atheist. Anyone can believe what they want but if you were doing everything according to the bible you would go to jail lol
have you ever read the whole thing? maybe 10% is about love and peace , the rest is gruesome , misogynistic, anti semitic violent nonsense

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
very often non-believers know what is forbidden to Christians 😁.you need to read the New Testament at least. To have an idea of what is written there. There are many different things they say about religion in the world. But you will be surprised if you read the Bible yourself. Much of what you were told will turn out to be distorted information. I believe that you can do whatever you want if God is with you.

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
very often non-believers know what is forbidden to Christians 😁.you need to read the New Testament at least. To have an idea of what is written there. There are many different things they say about religion in the world. But you will be surprised if you read the Bible yourself. Much of what you were told will turn out to be distorted information. I believe that you can do whatever you want if God is with you.
I am a non believer , I was raised catholic and read both the old and the new testament.
Jesus was a twat..

Matthew 10,34–36
Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.
For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a person’s enemies will be those of his own household

but go ahead cherry picking in the holy bible . most Christians do it :)

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Often people turn to God when they feel bad, and when they feel good, they don’t need God.:confused:

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am a non believer , I was raised catholic and read both the old and the new testament.
Jesus was a twat..

Matthew 10,34–36
Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.
For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a person’s enemies will be those of his own household

Well mate I strongly disagree with your reasoning and reading but I respect your legal rights and opinions.
The point is, I was atheist in the past, now I’m Christian, but none of these change the fact that the OP created a thread that leads people to discuss and go against one another.
It is your right to think and express your feelings, I do respect it, but if you allow me not to be rude, the point of this thread is if the Bible allows gambling or not.
Some stated that poker is a science beyond addiction and the blind seek of wealth, as myself, and others stated that it is wrong to play poker because of this or that.
Now we are going too far and wide along the main clause, and what we are going to achieve by doing so?
I’m don’t want to push you to believe in the Bible and I believe you think the same way.
I also humbly warned in the beginning of this thread the risk of social conflagration on our arguments disputes.
IMO we should try to be friends and learn how to live with different perspectives.
You seem a very nice person to me who makes a serious contribution to the forum.
Forgive me if I said anything harsh or that you don’t agree, my intention is not to attack one’s point of view, but bring a little of perspective.
Thanks for your postings, have a nice day.

Last edited:
Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Here You hit Your nail on the head!
Thanks for your point of view and for posting it, although I disagree. Have a nice day!

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Well mate I strongly disagree with your reasoning and reading but I respect your legal rights and opinions.
The point is, I was atheist in the past, now I’m Christian, but none of these change the fact that the OP created a thread that leads people to discuss and go against one another.
It is your right to think and express your feelings, I do respect it, but if you allow me not to be rude, the point of this thread is if the Bible allows gambling or not.
Some stated that poker is a science beyond addiction and the blind seek of wealth, as myself, and others stated that it is wrong to play poker because of this or that.
Now we are going too far and wide along the main clause, and what we are going to achieve by doing so?
I’m don’t want to push you to believe in the Bible and I believe you think the same way.
I also humbly warned in the beginning of this thread the risk of social conflagration on our arguments disputes.
IMO we should try to be friends and learn how to live with different perspectives.
You seem a very nice person to me who makes a serious contribution to the forum.
Forgive me if I said anything harsh or that you don’t agree, my intention is not to attack one’s point of view, but bring a little of perspective.
Thanks for your postings, have a nice day.
not my words but Jesus' :D only quoted him....

But you're right this can derail quite fast. I can't remember that the bible prohibits gambling per se . If anything I interpret these passages as a warning not to go over your head.

Mark 8:36 (NKJV), "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?"

Hebrews 13:5 (ESV), "Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.'"

Ecclesiastes 5:10 (NASB), "He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves abundance with its income. This too is vanity."

Luke 12:15 (NKJV), "And He said to them, 'Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses.'”

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sorry guys, but i dont see how this topic can end well (if it ends).

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Sorry guys, but i dont see how this topic can end well (if it ends).
Oh I think this will go on for some time.. Religion is always a controversial topic.

So behave yourself guys we don't want Tammy to have more work in moderating threads 😁

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Thanks for your point of view and for posting it, although I disagree. Have a nice day!
How can You disagree with Yourself? I think You misunderstood.
Here You hit Your nail on the head! in portuguese Aqui você acertou em cheio!

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Oh I think this will go on for some time.. Religion is always a controversial topic.

So behave yourself guys we don't want Tammy to have more work in moderating threads 😁
She is already looking at us. She is our Cardschat GODDESS! Amem.

Last edited:
Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
How can You disagree with Yourself? I think You misunderstood.
Here You hit Your nail on the head! in portuguese Aqui você acertou em cheio!
Lol, sorry I didn’t get exactly what you’ve said. Well mate that was fun, I think that I need to learn more English because I read your phrase as a negative statement. :LOL: thanks for the clarification!

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
not my words but Jesus' :D only quoted him....

But you're right this can derail quite fast. I can't remember that the bible prohibits gambling per se . If anything I interpret these passages as a warning not to go over your head.

Mark 8:36 (NKJV), "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?"

Hebrews 13:5 (ESV), "Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.'"

Ecclesiastes 5:10 (NASB), "He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves abundance with its income. This too is vanity."

Luke 12:15 (NKJV), "And He said to them, 'Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses.'”
Thanks again mate. I will take these quotations under consideration.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
A funny thing just occurred to me, and I recollected this awesome and hard game:

“Well Cuphead and his pal Mugman,
They like to roll the dice
By chance they came on devil’s game
And gosh they paid the price
Paid the price...
And now they’re running for their lives
On a mission fraught with dread
And if they proceed but don’t succeed
Well...
The devil will take their heads!” :ROFLMAO:

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Jesus was a twat..

Matthew 10,34–36

I didn’t write about words, but about the heart. You can be a poker player, a king, a fisherman, a doctor ... and be with God.
And you can read, sit in church and remain alone in life.
Peace, good luck and self-knowledge to all ...

bredinha

bredinha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
although the poker table is a social bond we have, some subjects can be avoided, mainly religious and political, such subjects can generate discomfort and even discussions, which affects not only those in the debate but the whole table.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jesus was a twat..

Matthew 10,34–36

From my experience with atheists, generally speaking, people with this angry approach towards religion have had a bad experience with a very religious person e.g. a little boy who got raped by a priest and now hates God and any form of organized religion.

If you are philosophically an atheist, you wouldn't care about religion at all, you wouldn't even quote the Bible. But a lot of atheists are angry because of traumas of the past.

Last edited:
G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
From my experience with atheists, generally speaking, people with this angry approach towards religion has had a bad experience with a very religious person e.g. a little boy who got raped by a priest and now hates God and any form of organized religion.

If you are philosophically an atheist, you wouldn't care about religion at all, you wouldn't even quote the Bible. But a lot of atheists are angry because of traumas of the past.
Um no I'm not angry just stating facts.
Yes I use bible quotes because I just like in science you need to bring evidence .
I can bring loads of evidence which proof my claims and brought some already .
Courtesy of the holy bible 😜

Also because most religious people know nothing about their holy book . They cherry pick some positive phrases from the bible and the rest gets ignored.
And again... you're only are Christian because your ancestors got colonized.
Not by god ... .by the Portuguese in the name of their god.( Officially at least 😉)
What someone believes is only a matter of how you're raised and the location....which concludes that any religion is fairy tale invented by humans with a tiny bit of truth hidden beneath the whole supersticious construct.

In my opinion the reason is that people encounter things and life tragedies they don't understand and they seek consolation in believing in a higher power.
I don't judge , just observation

Last edited:
KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also because most religious people know nothing about their holy book . They cherry pick some positive phrases from the bible and the rest gets ignored.

I don't judge , just observation

Nothing new from my talks with "religious atheists."

They always say "I'm not judging" while giving the most self righteous lecture ever about how christians behave.

The religious part is not really the problem.

Just a heads up, giving a lecture about someone's else country's history sounds very pretentious. And most of the time you sound VERY ignorant cause chances are you don't know what you are talking about.

Portugal brought Catholicism and I'm protestant. So no, I'm not a protestant because brazil was colonized by Portugal.

You probably don't know these but Brazil has also african religions (Candomble) and immigrants from Asia who practice Buddhism. And the most important thing. While most people CLAIM to be catholic, very few of them actually go to church, pray or read the bible.

So the whole "Portugal made you believe in God" is just pure nonsense.