albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank U 4 Posting

Yes poker is gambling. Anytime you wager on the outcome of something you are gambling.

The question you want to think about regarding poker is can you work hard enough to have a big enough skill edge over other players so you are guaranteed to win money if you play enough hands of poker versus them.

Variance exists so you can be better than your opponents and still lose for periods of time.

Hope this helps
:):)
completely agree with you, partner I could not have said it better

C

CliffieDeuce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, poker is gambling. It's a wager that does rely on luck a lot of the time for you to win.
No matter how good you are, if the cards don't fall in your favor you will lose.
The optimal strategy only increases your edge over other players.

Just like in black jack for example, if you use optimal strategy you only lower the house edge against you.

MoCoSolo

MoCoSolo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to get into a heated debate with people when I share I play poker. I say, "do you put money into the stock market in which you have absolutely zero control over? Well, in poker I have a lot of control."

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I dont know what poker is anymore...:confused: or what is going on here..Im i in some kind of candy camera?:( People somewhere laughing at the look on my face, when i keep losing EVERY F! flip!Everyone important and optimal to the money! At some point you just lose it. I mean i lose it.:)

First loses, 5-6 flips , im like: "naah,its cool,its variance,hope i gonna hit my 4 outers as well". Then, when losing my tenth flip, my rationality really gets tested, and tenth to twenty i goes like this" :( iiiiitts just that variance,everything is fine Heikki, dont worry...bad day, should i stop?:eek: ... And after that, there is no turning back, 20-50 lost you just watch how you lose, and know by then that you only gonna lose, mouth little bit open and cant belive what you are witnessing. start lookin around and above thos hidden cameras...
I dont only just lose, it is like they now, they do know when is right time to call all ins with 48off. If you know when rest of the eights and 4 hits table, my kinkgs or what ever dont matter. :D

Dont now how they do it, or at least i cant do it with my card deck. I keep trying.:cool:

Sorry if this tiltjuice is post wrong place. But my answr really is that i dont know what the f poker is.

Last edited:
M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no, absolutly no, its an art, theres some luck, but thats not the game.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
yes it is
If you can loose with the best hand, what can you call it

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker / Gambling

Poker is only gambling if your betting the farm or some chickens. If there is no money involved then this is not gambling. That is like saying when you play monopoly and roll the dice your gambling. Not true Capo1014

PatValShark

PatValShark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say definitely poker is gambling cause any game of chance with wagering is gambling, and with that luck element, regardless of skill, all apparent in poker, you are gambling.

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah of course if gambling. But much more skilled involved

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep skilled gambling

mountainfox

mountainfox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, it's game of skills. That's why I always lose because I don't know how to beat other good players that know what they are doing.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in addition to being a game, I still consider it a sport. my favorite hobby.

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From M-W:

gambled; gambling\ ˈgam-​b(ə-​)liŋ \

Definition of gamble

(Entry 1 of 2)

intransitive verb

1a: to play a game for money or property

b: to bet on an uncertain outcome

2: to stake something on a contingency (see CONTINGENCY sense 1) : take a chance

Yes, Poker is gambling. There are three possibilities when it comes to gambling: negative expectation, neutral expectation, and positive expectation. Poker is one of the few opportunities to make +EV bets, as the House has no stake in the outcome, and doesn't fade the action. (The other one is Chemin de Fer, playing the bankside, but you'll really need a 'roll to play that, and you need to beware as excessive rake will negate the edge, swinging it -EV.)

S

SILA89

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is 80% mathematical and 20% psychology.Short term have luck factor on Long run skill factor.

W

winnie1993

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it looks like that, when you are in tilt. But usually it is about your skills more then luck.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker is a game of skill. While many consider it gambling a good smart player can win money long term. Are there element of gambling yes there is but is element of gambling in many things that people dont think of as gambling.

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a game of skill with elements of gambling so, to some degree, yes.

B

Bmilla135

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More strategies than luck, but luck in the cards you're delt, so yes..

M

MickGreed

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Life is a gamble. but if you use your budget money for bills thats called gambling, but money for entertainment spent no not gambling, If I win alot of money I would pay my bills off early, lol

AMAQ12

AMAQ12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only if you dont have the nuts every hand! strategic gambling, but gambling nonetheless. As much as you can try to play your opponent, eventually it will always come down to statistics and luck. Not enough to play good, have to run good as well.

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think poker is gambling for some and relaxation for others.
I think if a proper money management along with game selection is the key to not having it come off like gambling .

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is poker gambling

Poker is gambling But its a game where you use your brain and expirience. Not just blindly putting your money in a slot.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Poker can be considered gambling if a person plays every hand whether he loses or not. For others it is not. They spend hours studying and watching and playing. They make the game a challenge to their own selves to get better. Those are not gamblers.

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling