Poker psychology

B

badia232323

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to share my experience us a chess and poker player with you. both in chess and poker you need very strong psychology to be able to play and win, especially when you are in very dificult situations. When for example you got bad beat, this is one of the most dificcult stages in your game and this puse you to make to many mistaks right after it. So it's very important to prepare yourself to accept the bads beats and concider it us a normal part of the game. prepare you for that befor the game and accepte it during the game when it happen, and you will see that you will have better results.
immediately after the bad beat you need to relax and try to forget it as soon as possible. Also it's very important to not play the hand right after the bad beat exept a very strong hand. When you are totally relaxed and you are sure you are not in tilt, than you can continue the game normally.

V

vini127

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some bad beats are hard to get over.. Too much stress.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All correctly wrote. But how difficult it is to stick to this strategy.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you need very strong psychology to be able to play and win, especially when you are in very dificult situations.

Advice: Find and read the book called "Thinking, Fast and Slow" a best-selling book published in 2011 by Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences laureate Daniel Kahneman.

theskillzdatklls

theskillzdatklls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I think the best way to extend this in general is just to always make logical decisions at any point in life, be that poker or otherwise.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Exactly, the bad streaks affect us psychologically and the most advisable thing is to postpone the game session for another occasion.
The issue is more difficult when after a while we take off the tables, we observe that our bad streak continues.
In these cases, we must accept that we may also be having some game errors that prevent us from moving forward.
Either way, I think that sooner or later we have to accept that psychology is indispensable to survive in poker. And it doesn't matter if we continue playing now or tomorrow.
We must accept that we can lose AA with 22 many times and that should not affect us in the least. At least I aspire to that, so that every day I have to suffer less with those uneven hands.
Greetings.

K

Kadgaron

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after bad beats I take a short break. I think this is a more effective way to keep the bankroll from tilt or playing in a bad psychological state