Poker and Physical Activity

L

louis627

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keeping physically fit and having an active mind will keep you healthy wealthy and wise.
Keep fit and exercise your mind with variety off events.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Physical activity is a must for life not sure how it effects poker:)

S

StreetPhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how do you think? Does physical activity help us play poker better?
Yes I believe it helps.
Just as important would be a good diet of healthy foods.
Over all good health helps us.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's the "secret" to my success. Been talking about it on my blog for years.

Regular exercise, solid diet and good sleep helps massively in my tilt control. It gives me a clear and immediate advantage over most of my opponents.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Physical activity strengthens muscles and nerves, it helps to play poker for several hours a day and not feel tired.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most tourneys are too long and this is not good for ones health. I go for at least a one mile ski every day (138 days in a row as of yesterday). Yes I live in a place where winters are rather long. There is a blizzard forecast for tomorrow with wind gusts up at 90 km/hr so if I don't show up for the cardschat freerolls I have literally blown away in the wind trying to extend my consecutive skiing streak.

B

BOMDEBLEF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes physical activity to always improve your gameplay

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker is not good for my health - way too much sitting. I find I need to get up and move during breaks. Also, I started playing better when I lost weight.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, if it can help us in our game because it helps us to release stress and anxieties so as not to bring them to the gaming table, it is also good for our health since we spend many hours sitting playing poker and it can make us sedentary in the long term and our body needs physical activity for our health.

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Certainly. Regardless of whether you play live or online - the player hardly moves. Nevertheless, the brain in particular uses a lot of energy to stay focused (well, for some freeroll players this is not true). If you choose a diet that is too high in calories and you don't get enough exercise, obesity is inevitable. The result: you move even less. The circulation, digestion, lungs, all muscles or the whole body are trained by movement and contribute to physical balance, which in turn ensures mental balance. I therefore find exercises very important, especially if you sit for a long time and very often and "only work with your brain" on a computer. So, leave the car in the garage more often and use the bike :eek::eek::eek:

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everybody!
I cannot say or deny that your poker game will improve due to the fact that you will play more sports, but I know one thing, you need to take a break from a long game of poker, otherwise your brains will get washed out, and if you need to go for a run or go to the gym, then of course this is one benefit in all aspects
Best regards, Sergei

E

Elfina777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker, physical activity is not necessary, here you need to know the game well, use your intuition and be fresh, rested before the game.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Of course poker needs the intelligent mind, and the mind needs a strong body. A healthy mind is in a healthy body

Last edited:
M

moularaki

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
you need strenght and have to do physical activity because when you play you are just sitting. It's your brain only who works

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
physical activity contributes to the nutrition of vital organs such as the brain. Consequently, it helps to think better. Just before the game, I don't think it's worth loading the body with physical activity that leads to fatigue.:)

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely you need physical activity -- most times, the better your physical condition, the better your mental capabilities . . . Also when I play poker every hour to two hours I get up and walk around if I am in a cash game to get the blood flowing. If I am in a tournament I use the break time to get exercise. We are fortunate our poker room is also a dog track so there are stadium seats and I am able to walk up and down the stadium stairs for a quick bit of exercise and fresh air . . .

C

campp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Physical activity, proper sleep and healthy eating will improve every aspect of your life (physical, mental, spiritual, emotional, social...). You can’t get enough of those!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mental state is directly connected to the physical state of your body. If you are fresh, strong and healthy physically you will be able to perform better mentally also.

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I fail to see the problem: I downloaded my favorite Poker Rooms into my Peloton... :D

Moroccanbluff26

Moroccanbluff26

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I don’t do much just walking 🚶*♂️ sometimes but need more to active

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Today, many people know that physical activity allows you to keep the body in good shape and has a positive effect on overall health. Practicing yoga or going to the gym on a regular basis will protect your body and avoid a host of problems, including obesity, heart failure, diabetes, high blood pressure problems and pain. Careful research has led to the conclusion that an active lifestyle is perhaps the single most important contribution to your well-being and health. Personally, I walk 5-10 km.

PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For sure any regular physical activity that improves your stamina will improved your poker game especially grinding several hours in MTT.
When you easily get tired you tend to rush your play and not thinking other play that can optimized it.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The maximum of my physical activity while playing poker is running around for smoke breaks :laugh::laugh: