Poker and Physical Activity

T

tokomoney

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
how do you think? Does physical activity help us play poker better?

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Without physical activity you will turn into vegetable.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Vegetables are not that great in poker :D
Forget poker, physical activity is good for everything. For every aspect of your life.

T

tokomoney

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Vegetables are not that great in poker :D
Forget poker, physical activity is good for everything. For every aspect of your life.

Vegetables are good for health!

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sure hope it does. Recently, I dug an unused treadmill out of our basement (literally dug it out of the mess down there LOL) and I set it up directly behind my computer chair. My plan is to walk on the treadmill while I play my tournaments, however my big problem at the moment is that I have a wired mouse and the cable won't reach my treadmill... so I guess I have to change to a wireless mouse first.

I recently went back on the greatest diet I've ever discovered, Keto... lost 30 pounds already from my weight high point, and that's without any exercise at all. But I still want to lose another 20 lbs off my frame and be able to see those stomach muscles for the first time in probably 40 years (I turn 58 on Saturday). I know if I don't do it now, at this stage of my life, I'm gonna regret it. I let myself go for a few decades but the fun is over now, I'm dedicated and motivated to do this!!

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without a doubt, physical activity helps us in everything, in poker and in our personal lives. Activity is a positive, and regular exercise helps us play and live a full life.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Exercise is extremely important for both physical and metal health. There are so many reasons, too many to list as to why it helps, but just google it and you will see.

Sitting for lengthy periods of time like poker requires us to do, is not good, but only 40 minutes of moderate activity a day is enough to counter balance sitting for 10 hours a day.

For myself, I believe it gives my mind more clarity. I think this is due to getting my heart pumping, the blood flowing and more oxygen throughout my body.

I do about 2.5 hours of activity each week day and weekends 1 hour each day.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, this is true. It should be noted that there are many successful poker players among athletes. In general, sport has a positive effect on everything in everyone's life.

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
I think that being physically active is important not only for poker but also essential for life. You have to move and live actively every day. If this is missing, the effects can be bad for the body, during a meal the client has the necessary ingredients for the proper functioning of our body. Yes, I recommend physical activity :) It certainly won't hurt our game.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Yes, of course ... I think it is very necessary and healthy to do physical activities ... and people who play poker have a hard time making time for these activities ... we must find the time to avoid becoming obese and lazy ...

P

pcurley17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think excrcise is so important for your mental health and as a result will affect your poker results, ( In my opinion )

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not during a poker game.....

I dont think while you play you should be working out in between hands. I like to stand up and watch only because too much sitting is not very good hahaha. But poker is a game of super focus and anything that divides your attention too much can hurt you more than anything.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Those who do sports regularly say that this is how they feel best after doing their training, maybe that should help them in poker having that well-being.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Definitely yes !!! If you are in good physical shape, you will be able to maintain maximum concentration for longer, which is very important, especially for playing in long tournaments !!! During physical exertion, the blood flow to the brain increases, if this does not help you think better, then it certainly will not harm !!!

B

bioman420

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You spent weeks without playing because of work, now I'm only playing on weekends, if we see you at the table today, I wish a good game for all the members, attentively Bioman420.

G

glebchekotin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any sport activity helps your brain to work better

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
physical activity is very important
so that the necessary beneficial hormones are produced
when you go in for sports you are always in a good mood

Pawlowski

Pawlowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's essential for your life not only poker.
For sure it helps!

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Physical condition and sleep are one of the main keys to victory.

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure about activity, but a balance of some other activity other than poker. If you focus on just poker (or any one thing like stock trading) and it goes south, it ruins you for days or more. e.g. can't sleep, can't work effectively etc

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes for sure, staying fit keeps your mind Sharpe and allows you to preform any task better.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely those 5 mins break in online poker can be very beneficial for some stretching and push ups haha!