Poker originated from Iran

P

Persian

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. Poker was evolved from game "As Nas" , an Iranian game with all modern poker concepts like pair, two pairs , three of a kind , full house , straight ... . We made it and now we are not accepted in big poker sites :mad:. its a twisted funny world. They have to let us in.

miamia

miamia

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. Poker was evolved from game "As Nas" , an Iranian game with all modern poker concepts like pair, two pairs , three of a kind , full house , straight ... . We made it and now we are not accepted in big poker sites :mad:. it's a twisted funny world. They have to let us in.
It6s not poker rooms failure.Is in it your government forbidden gambling?

P

Persian

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
we were playing pokerstars for many years, nothing has changed in iran , pokerstars changed his strategy and didnt offer service to iran alongside some other countries any more.

miamia

miamia

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we were playing pokerstars for many years, nothing has changed in iran , pokerstars changed his strategy and didnt offer service to iran alongside some other countries any more.
I think you're wrong.I see many Iranians players before, but don't think PS stop offer service because of politic or other things because of its business and they not care.They just can't offer service to countries who forbidden online gambling, between them are countries like Usa,Australia,france,Italy etc etc

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
novidade para mim, eu não sabia que o poker apareceu no Irã, ele passa por uma fonte confiável para confirmar isso, pensei que era nos EUA.?

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really? Thats a thing I never stopped to think... but agree! they should do it!

P

Persian

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah they should. dozens of thousands of active players here ( mostly fishs ). you dont believe how many players play at illegal iranian sites here every night. But unfortunately their RNGs are manipulated to create action hands and flops. we miss Real online poker since pokerstars closed its doors to us. it would be a win win deal for both parts. Some of these illegal sites even run 30k$ Gtd NL tournies weekly with 20$ buy ins.There is a potential here

Last edited:
C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker originated from Iran
Hi. Poker was evolved from game "As Nas" , an Iranian game with all modern poker concepts like pair, two pairs , three of a kind , full house , straight ... . We made it and now we are not accepted in big poker sites :mad:. its a twisted funny world. They have to let us in.

Hi, if I can just make a slight suggestion, surely you read the rest of the wikipedia entry and not just the one line.
Poker certainly evolved from earlier card games and was influenced by others.
The french game Poque could have been influenced by the 17th Century 'As Nas' as much as the earlier 16th Century English game Bragg.
I don't think we can attribute the evolution of poker to a derivation of just one game.
All we can say for sure is that poker matured in the 18th century around the mississippi river from an amalgamation of all the card and betting games being played by the many people from different international backgrounds in that region.

I entirely agree though that online poker should be open to all and hasn't been the same since many countries national governments started legislatively restricting it, sometimes with full bans and others with taxation.

I also found it refreshing that friendly communities could grow where 'People' could communicate civilly with each other over a shared interest, even when their country governments were at war with each other.
All we can say for sure is that in this respect poker is good for humanity and does more for world peace than governance.
It is indeed a twisted funny world that allows the few to control the many against their natural will, but it is 'a twisted funny world'.
I hope they let you in.
In the meantime I hope you enjoy the cardschat worldwide poker community which does let everyone in and is a good place to spend some time even without poker.