Poker and music

Threshold2122

Threshold2122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure someone will have asked this question but I'm interested all the same

Do you listen to music while you play poker or does it effect your concentration?

I have a playlist of 200+ songs I just shuffle when I'm playing and as I have quite eclectic taste there is some really different stuff on there

So if you do listen to music when at the tables what sort of music do you listen to?

To start off this is a few off my playlist

Smokey Robinson - tears of a clown
Pink Floyd - comfortably numb
Radiohead - paranoid android
Prodigy - out of space
NWA - straight outa compton

Told you it was eclectic

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm a Rock'n Roll, Rock Classic, Blues and "affiliates" guy :). But if the subject is poker concentration I go straight for the Classic Jazz, mostly John Coltrane and Billie Holiday (and "affiliates" :))

Last edited:
Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I like a light deep house in the background. Many now include biorhythms. To improve concentration. Listen before the game

C

chpoken

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is everybody buisness, porsonaly, i do not deny myself such pleasure.
ps: deep house - one love

Einer777

Einer777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I listen I like classical music but most of the time I am silent

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, my favorite genre of rock, female vocals, instrumental, my favorite canadian rock band that I listen to almost always, The Birthday Massacre this year released a new album, I advise everyone to listen.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I usually prefer classical music. I believe that music improves a player's concentration. But, of course, it all depends on your mood.

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have been listening to poker, it interferes. I have been for a long time, I still need to try.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to watch a movie while playing poker. To be honest, a lot of modern music and especially rock is perceived badly for me. I love melodic music.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t listen to music while playing poker, it distracts me from the game.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes I listen to music, sometimes I watch TV, sometimes I even read. It depends on my mood. Sometimes music helps me concentrate and sometimes it even distracts me.

kara260588

kara260588

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on the mood. Sometimes I want silence.
And the style of music also depends on the mood. but mainly 3 directions of music: rock, rap, reggae.

kara260588

kara260588

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I listen to music, sometimes I watch TV, sometimes I even read. It depends on my mood. Sometimes music helps me concentrate and sometimes it even distracts me.
I also tried to read it somehow. But I soon realized that poker was interfering with my reading. I just did not perceive the information from the pages of the book and had to reread

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I blame it on music!

In short...…I turned a straight while listening to a Rick Ross rap mixtape. Either I kept betting the villain or I kept calling the villain's bets but somewhere between the turn and the river I quickly noticed most of the cards where hearts!:eek: Then, I was so CONFIDENT in my straight, my dumbass thinks, "Well I have a 8 of hearts so I'm covered."(yeah, like that's gonna do anything). We went all-in and sure enough the villain had Jh, Qh! Boom! Gone! Think god he had less money than me so he couldn't rake all of it so half came back to me.

Listening to music sometimes can cause you to have over-confidence in your hand. To many endorphins swimming around up there. From now on...…music off for me!

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Of course I am the type of player that I like to listen to music while I am playing poker ... I am not distracted, the music relaxes me ... I listen to romantic music and reggaeton ...!

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sure someone will have asked this question but I'm interested all the same

Do you listen to music while you play poker or does it effect your concentration?

I have a playlist of 200+ songs I just shuffle when I'm playing and as I have quite eclectic taste there is some really different stuff on there

So if you do listen to music when at the tables what sort of music do you listen to?

To start off this is a few off my playlist

Smokey Robinson - tears of a clown
Pink Floyd - comfortably numb
Radiohead - paranoid android
Prodigy - out of space
NWA - straight outa compton

Told you it was eclectic

I use music when I'm interrupted. Helps to distract from the communication of loved ones. If there is no one, then I play without music.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I put my headphones in my ears, I open youtube, and I listen to live music from concerts..sometimes the wave takes me and I pay what I don't have at the game table :)

PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course music can help, it depends on which and when, so I prefer the sound of the jungle around me, it's super soothing.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course I listen to music while playing online, I like it helps me relax and motivates me to play, what I listen to the most is hip hop and electronic music and also from your list I have listened to pink floyd from time to time I listen to a little rock soft too.

The music you like motivates you to play, what you don't have to do is distract yourself with social networks or your phone, that is what can prevent you from concentrating on your game.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In the online game, it is sometimes interesting to hear a sound while playing, but it is important to remember to never lose concentration in the game

4give4live

4give4live

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During the game, the background is always the Mortal Kombat 1995 movie) The voice acting is naturally pirated, and naturally from Serbin (Russian fans of MK will understand)
It haaaas begun!

arashsgr

arashsgr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker and music

I like poker, I adore playing it, and its everything to me. poker is a combination of math, theory, psychological behavior and it is so complicated this is why I love it the most. while playing it I like to listen to music sometimes so that it will make my soul relax. however, the music type that I choose is so relaxing. I have a playlist of 500+ songs I just shuffle them when I'm playing

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I love listening to music while playing and I find that music has a positive effect on my concentration. I usually prefer instrumental music.