Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hi guys here is the deal ..

it's been some hard months in my life I have to spend almost my entire bankroll on primary expenses like food, etc... cause of this I think my performance has come down my level is not the same maybe is tilt but is hard to focus on the game with all this things on my head and this makes it hard to enjoy only get upset when a badbeats happens...

what would you advise me to do to be more motivated on the table?

how forget everyhing and play like I use to focus on the strategy and enjoy the game?

any movie any ritual ? or some constant reminders that might help me?

how do you get your motivation to play poker?

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try to watch poker streams on twitch and how they perform poker marathons and then try it yourself to repeat your poker marathon from $ 5 to $ 1000 for a start.
I think that this is a great motivation to complete the marathon and achieve the goal.

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
unless poker is our full time job, stay away for a bit and get your life and expenses in order. poker should be viewed as a side hustle or entertainment. you need to make sure you cover expenses and have enough going into retirement accounts before spending your time and money on poker. think your priorities are out of wack here.

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I liked the answer and will welcome the next comments.

I created a similar topic today and sometimes I feel I need more motivation.

I want to live on poker but I still don't live!

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always enjoy the game, because, I always play only for the money that I can afford to spend. I believe that an adequate risk makes our life more fun and interesting.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, the best motivation in poker is a regular income. Therefore, I try to adhere to my own rules. I play only when I have a good mood. I always follow the bankroll management system. And I try to be patient.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PHYSICAL EXERCISE, A LOT OF MUSIC, A LOT OF SMOKE, bebiba much, too much food !!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
profit and enjoy the game of the whole process
self-confidence and self-discipline

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are playing poker for a hobby I would take a break for a while and deal with your day to day life. If poker is an income stream then you have to get into a state of mind where poker is the focal point and chip up.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have one motivation to earn pocket money. I am not chasing after big wages. To do this, you need to invest money and I do not want to do this. Losing your money is also easy. I have enough freeroll and small tournaments.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My victories are always the best motivation for me. But I play poker for the sake of my pleasure and not for the sake of money.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you need to do a pros and cons of playing and see if you should be playing right now. Sometimes in tough situations you may need some time away from the table. Stay active through studying but focus on yourself first

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I am not motivating. I speak to my unconscious to eliminate all negative thoughts. I repeat the same sentence for several minutes (I'm happy). I advise you to always visualize your goal before the start of a game and adopt the best strategy to get there during the game I watch videos and strategic listening the advice of some professional poker.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to need motivation. And now I just got carried away playing a free evening, it turned into a hobby. The main motivation to play and win money for the subsequent transition to the next limit. And on the next limit to play for a stable income.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hey

Motivation is for better life,
Playing poker is part of life.

A lot of times a situation arises where you see a streak of loses, even if you are rated a good player.

Poker is about playing right, but you can't be a winner always.

wsop doesnt have a repeat winner every season.

Or for that matter any big event.

So one needs to keep calm and enjoy the journey rather than worry about the Bumps and speed breakers that come along.:)

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the best motivation is some kind of goal
and it is necessary to go to it even if everything seems bad and not as it should.
somewhere around the curve of roads is waiting for the success of everyone who did not give up

F

Frankie Potts

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just like to believe that poker is the only way to become rich in my position

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play with the mind, drive away emotions !

Hi guys here is the deal ..

it's been some hard months in my life I have to spend almost my entire bankroll on primary expenses like food, etc... cause of this I think my performance has come down my level is not the same maybe is tilt but is hard to focus on the game with all this things on my head and this makes it hard to enjoy only get upset when a badbeats happens...

what would you advise me to do to be more motivated on the table?
You are reading this post because you are motivated to learn more than to play poker. Instead of motivating yourself with big wins, motivate yourself with opportunities to improve the game. If you lose, some people lose faith in their own strength and stop developing. Be patient. It is necessary to analyze the parties and find their mistakes in them, so as not to repeat them in the future. Follow bankroll management. :driver:

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, my what motivates me is to see what other players have won, that makes me want to learn more and also earn a lot of money.

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What motivates? Try setting small goals and achieve them...Don't look at poker as a source of money but rather an enjoyable hobby...

If poker is a major source of income for you maybe take a step back and try something new for a while...

Poker has always been a fun, calming hobby for me...I make a little here and there, but I don't expect to pay the bills with it...I play simply for the love of the game...

Reevaluate your game and see if you can make improvements...playing poker in desperation mode is never a good idea...

Good Luck at the tables!!!

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you’re playing with “scared money” you’re never going to be playing optimally and that may be putting you at a negative ROI or BB/100. At that point, all you can do is start a bankroll from scratch while only playing games you can definitely afford. I’m sure you know this, but always have 30-100 buy ins for cash games and 300-500 for tournaments. You’ll just keep throwing money away if you aren’t mentally able to play your peak game.

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1, Take a break
2. Set goals
3. Exercise. Meditate.
4. **** Play within your Bankroll****

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Several factors are affecting your game. You say that there are many things on your head now. This prevents you from focusing on the game. The need to use money from your bankroll for living also prevents you from following good bankroll management and makes game much more stressful. Frankly i don't know what advice to give you as i have never been in such situation. Some meditation before game and following of strict bankroll management will maybe help you.