Poker Mistake

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It took me forever to figure it out. I can't loose what I don't put in the middle.

I have found a leak of raising my mediocre hands to much and to high.

I have seen this costs me almost an entire buy-in after a couple of months or less.

I have to stop that. I would be further ahead.

Also I need to value bet more. That to is costing me half a buy in or more in less than two months.

Improving my game where I see the issues after researching.

HallaluYAH!

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi there,

Based on what you are saying, I expect to see another post from you in a few months which may go;

"I realized a leak in my game. I am playing too many mediocre hands that I should fold"

Allow me to inject a word of caution - I know that it hurts when you see your hole cards hit a full house or a set from the muck and you did not limp in or call a small bet. However, it will pay off in the long run if you tighten up and play premium hands in early position or connected and suited hands in middle and late position.

I learnt this the hard way and would like to help you along your learning curve :)

All the best and see you at the table.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The fact that you think about your mistakes is the first step in your learning process. Courage and good luck, that the game is improved with own observations that you make, and later modififaciones base to the experience that you acquire.

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im curious too. How did you come to these conclusions? Figuring how much in buyins over months time sounds like a complicated computer program.

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It's good that you understand your mistakes - this is the first step to improving your game.

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was using a software program, and the I watched how I play and I observed why I didn't make much money in the session and it showed I was playing a LAG style in that session and raising with my medium hands

But to say this, I did the same thing last night, I guess that's becoming my style, and I did pretty good tripled my money. So just like they say you have to find a game where your style will pay off, because if two or three come into the game they can stop it from working. But keep those players that fit it and you can run the table.

I even played A2s and won an all in, but I knew they guy wouldn't lay down AA and no fourth suite came, I hit my card on the turn, I guess he thought I was bluffing and when the table saw that they all seem to be scared because they couldn't tell what I was holding.

Then when they thought I had nothing I would have trips or two pairs, it was a good night session.

How did you discover your leaks? Self aware or?

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting thread. I think your point about value betting is a good one. I'm glad your seeing positive results. That's encouraging.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep at it! poker has so many layers... far more than an ogre
2Q==

B

berryryan2488

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For a while, I would overplay any attractive looking hand post flop if I didn't connect. Instead of admitting defeat, I would bet, be called, checked into, raise and get stacked. I have learned that sometimes, even if I might be ahead, folding is the best thing to do in the long run.

G

Guernica1974

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold

my biggest mistake is not to fold AA or KK when i know i am beat! or QQ, JJ, 10 10 with an overcard on the flop just drop it not worth keep paying....

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
my biggest mistake is i undermine the adversaries and i dont trusst they have a made hand and they bluffing , and i reraise the pot size and i loose , this happens most on late games when my mind is retarded and tired

C

curiplop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for that there is the range of hands according to position and number of blinds, I think your study should start at that point, lifting marginal hands makes you a weak player and out of position is worse

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It took me forever to figure it out. I can't loose what I don't put in the middle.

I have seen this costs me almost an entire buy-in after a couple of months or less.

Also I need to value bet more. That to is costing me half a buy in or more in less than two months.

HallaluYAH!

I used to raise the stakes on good hands QQ KK JJ AK AA and I thought that these cards are super and I will always win, but this was an error for me in the game, now I play premium high cards very carefully and sometimes even very aggressively - to me other players in the hands could not interrupt with small cards, now I have fewer mistakes in the game, I wish you good luck so that you find and correct your mistakes in the game and win

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HallaluYAH!
hi hi Lloyd
brilliant post
you absolutely right
as my coach scream at me, i need FOLD when my mediocre or bluff gets looked up

sadly i often dont
why?
i an independent loner gal... i no like be pushed around, specially by boys!
so i end up with "hell with you bully, i fire another street and again and all-in"

for me is my hugest leak
try a semi-bluff & no give it up when get reraised

for those of you familiar with me and demolish me often, take my chips... i now working hard on that leak
so abuse me now at your peril!!!!

lol hugs