Poker and medicine for the brain

protuva35

protuva35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would agree with most people above. If you are falling asleep, you should drink some caffeine (eg. coffee or tea). I don't think many other drugs will help you out at the poker table.

Conclusion is,lot of coffee or energy drink need and not relaxing and call how Rassian boy's ever card's call not metter what flop say.Played smart and easy turn On brain in max power :D :D

3ccasd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I drink Red Bull energy type

neontuning

neontuning

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take coke, sometimes a snack, and when I win an all-in .. I break all kkk.

rocknroll0

rocknroll0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
eat sweet, no alcohol and not use drugs

ericksen89

ericksen89

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ALL IN - SENSATION

In all in - you had the feeling of being winning and losing when you finish out the last letter?
:confused:

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A Cup of strong coffee brains work better. Enhanced attentiveness.

Mka69

Mka69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
main thing not drugs, but situation around. nobody has to distract you.

W

WillinNewHaven

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Use of Medicine

Do you use any medications for the brain, playing poker in order to take long sessions to get tired and be concentrated? and how mush is safe for health in your opinion?

I don't use anything in cash games. I might drink one cup of coffee with caffeine early in the session. If I get restless or mildly tired, I get away from the table for ten or fifteen minutes. If I get really tired, I go home.

In tournaments, I can't go home when I get tired. I don't play in tournaments as much as cash games but when I do, I use Five-Hour Energy. It is fairly mild but effective.

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take a multi vitamin, magnesium and have a green drink I call my ****tail (made from all sorts of goodies, google fro more info).

I dont do lifr for poker, I have, but it wouldnt matter what your lifestyle, you should always try and perform at your best.

R

romanbokel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what better than play a game like poker ?

Fernanda37

Fernanda37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont, and I dont think thats necessaire

Padlington

Padlington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A bottle of wine supplies a little aggression 2nd bottle buggers my game lol

fly2tsky

fly2tsky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol I feel better when i'm sick cause I can just focus on the cards only instead of talking to others

V

Vonick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no alcohol and good sleep before works for me

Meire

Meire

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe so, I learned to have high control and today I'm a calmer person. I appreciate that the poker, for sure.

miamia

miamia

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just coffe.Few times i am be drunk and lose quick all my bankroll . I heard and read somewhere about using speed or cocaine to stay wake up grinding two,three days.

trezvennick

trezvennick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ENERGY overnight

What do you take to raise cheerfulness for playing poker all night? Maybe pills containing caffeine or Eleutherococcus or as I am-energy drink? And does it helping you? I cannot say that energy drink always helping me for example if I very tired(((

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For example it is considered that energy drinks do poker players more aggressive. However, it often hurts the players themselves. I personally prefer black tea or coffee.

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
To be active all night long u must sleep at day time, as i know this is the best choice for stay in best condition :D when there are no option to sleep at the day time, strong coffee always help me

Moonchild

Moonchild

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what about drug testing in big live competions?

When I'm in a long MTTsession (f.ex. longer then 6 h), I eat nuts. All kind of nuts. The chewing makes your concentration go up and nuts are good brainfood. When I'm really tired I drink strong tea or energy drink. Often I see a friend playing online while drinking (alcohol) -> dangerous by all means.

I believe you're in some kind of problems when you start taking drugs for a game of poker. Not only is it very unhealthy, but I guess it messes with the thinking too. And what about possible addictions. Both mentally stimulating and mentally calming medication have too many negative side effects.

IMO drug testing could be a good thing for poker. Of course online it's impossible to do and it stays the responsibility of the single player, but it can be done in big live competitions. Integrity and fair play in sport is a fundamental requirement for fans and sponsors to trust that the games are fair. So isn't it time to introduce it to our beloved poker?

It's being known that poker players more often have a more rebellious character, but nowadays it's become a real big business with big sponsors, investors, staking arrangements and so on. So wouldn't it be better for the image of the poker that the big organizers try to make it clean and therefore more fair?

Last edited:
I

I2jr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Medicine I think personally towards me, because it is a way to clear my mind when different things happen to me, it speeds up the intuition maybe, makes me have fun and spend time alone with what I like to play poker, but I do not think it's a medicine in If for the brain, I believe that there are other medicinal questions for our system and brain capacity, that they have very good afternoons, it is for each one as it takes in itself for one

Moonchild

Moonchild

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Medicine I think personally towards me, because it is a way to clear my mind when different things happen to me, it speeds up the intuition maybe, makes me have fun and spend time alone with what I like to play poker, but I do not think it's a medicine in If for the brain, I believe that there are other medicinal questions for our system and brain capacity, that they have very good afternoons, it is for each one as it takes in itself for one

I don't want to be rude, but it's really hard to understand what you want to say in your posts. Maybe it's the language barrier, but to me it sounds you're just posting nonsense. Sorry.:icon_bigs

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont take anything to keep me up, it will just make crash in the end even sugar. I play for as long as i can and the stop when i louse focus! Any drug you take will afect you game play..

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I am nodding off and I am trying to make the end of a tourney for example or just committed to playing another couple hours I take a table spoon or two of Raw Honey IMO important it be raw/unfiltered honey. Wakes me up without the coffee jitters (though I love coffee), but this is more a way for me to focus and regain some clarity if I find myself slipping off my game. Also get up and stretch got to keep the blood flowing ~ Good luck

p.s. I do not drink alcohol when I play cause for me it makes me sleepy, and I have yet to be successful I may have 1 drink or a beer, but for me poker is not the time to catch a buzz, poker is the buzz :)