Poker and Life

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are the best ways to manage poker and everyday life. Since I joined ACR a week ago or so, all I want to do is play poker. Any suggestions on how to manage this and get more done outside of poker? I still want to play poker, I just want it not to be the priority in my daily life. Thanks.

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are the best ways to manage poker and everyday life. Since I joined ACR a week ago or so, all I want to do is play poker. Any suggestions on how to manage this and get more done outside of poker? I still want to play poker, I just want it not to be the priority in my daily life. Thanks.
Hey bro!
Treat you poker like a business
Plan your day
Make a schedule where you can use your time to study , play and work .
It depends on you, you have to be disciplined and organised.
This forum has a lot of good information that can help you.
Good luck bro! Keep going forward and never give up!

ajtrevor

ajtrevor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could give yourself a deadline for playing like a couple hours a day and then the rest of the time you can do other poker related things like watch videos or read books.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is directly related to self-discipline, you got your boss, accountant, manager. Therefore, you need to plan everything and schedule a game. It is unlikely that someone will help in this if you do not have an extra couple of thousand for the coach to pay for what you yourself can do. Remember everything should be in moderation, and most importantly, take a sober look at your strengths and capabilities, you should not have anyone and nothing to prove. Good luck at the tables!

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks

Hey bro!
Plan your day

Thank you for the tips. That really helps. I guess get the things that are most important done first and then poker as time permits. Thanx.

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks

Poker is directly related to self-discipline, you got your boss, accountant, manager. Therefore, you need to plan everything and schedule a game. It is unlikely that someone will help in this if you do not have an extra couple of thousand for the coach to pay for what you yourself can do. Remember everything should be in moderation, and most importantly, take a sober look at your strengths and capabilities, you should not have anyone and nothing to prove. Good luck at the tables!

Very good suggestions. Thank you.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker is a difficult game, especially in terms of psychology (maybe for me)
but be prepared for the moves and trains of rivals
good luck

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey bro!
Plan your day

Yeah, I agree with that. Make a plan for yourself and your routine, then try to be the best at it.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Set a certain time of day to play poker and for how long. Make sure you have other things to do during your down time. If you go all poker all the time you will eventually break down and not want to play anymore. Make sure you have a good balance.

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Set a certain time of day to play poker and for how long. Make sure you have other things to do during your down time. If you go all poker all the time you will eventually break down and not want to play anymore. Make sure you have a good balance.

The burn out. Yes. I need to meditate. I seem to feel stressed when I play poker. Not sure why. My heart rate goes up every time I play poker. Almost like I get overly anxious. Thanks.

C

crazy222

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
no such thing as too much poker LOL!

actually, while on shut in status, I do find some extra time to enjoy the game! Joking aside, just jump in there when free time allows.... sometimes I go weeks and months without playing, depending on how busy I am otherwise. :D

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only way is to plan your day or set and limit time for poker. And strictly observe your plan.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thank you for the tips. That really helps. I guess get the things that are most important done first and then poker as time permits. Thanx.

Isn't poker the most important thing? Haha
Play poker first, then get the other things done - as time permits.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Everything needs the right measure! You need to see your time available for poker and make a schedule. Νo exaggerations needed, because you must enjoy it and have fun, without causing problems!

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything needs the right measure! You need to see your time available for poker and make a schedule. Ío exaggerations needed, because you must enjoy it and have fun, without causing problems!

Thanks for the tips. Sounds like a plan. :beerglass

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You won't get an answer from me for that simple reason. I wouldn't be honest. It would be like an incurable drug addict advising someone to stop using drugs.

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You won't get an answer from me for that simple reason. I wouldn't be honest. It would be like an incurable drug addict advising someone to stop using drugs.

I respect your honesty. I do love poker, but I just need to schedule my daily time better.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more you play poker, the more you will realize how much poker has a lot in common with life. Do not limit yourself, want to play, play. But follow the rule: you play at micro levels in a society with which you are not familiar, until you understand that you understand what you are doing.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As with everything else key is balance. Your job that earns your living and your family should always come first. Whatever is left as free time and money should be shared between poker and your other hobbies.

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you

As with everything else key is balance. Your job that earns your living and your family should always come first. Whatever is left as free time and money should be shared between poker and your other hobbies.

Thanks. That make sense. Good luck at the tables except against me. :)