INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

This game is not as popular as it used to be from my point of view, but still these days, you can find fish or recreational ones to earn their money, so I could consider it as a tool, to make a living from this game, I don't know It can be considered as wasted time if you take advantage of it well, the results are long-term, but you have to be constant, persevere, even if you want to take it as a hobby, it's fine, I love it and I have faith that I will get good results in the long term , I'm not neglecting my personal life and I'm trying to emerge in other ways, but this game will always be with me, or so I pretend.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
For me, poker is a hobby. For me, poker is more fun than a way to make money. But still, I have no doubt that poker can be a major source of income. I think it's up to you. Don't pay attention to criticism, just work every day to achieve your dream.
Good luck.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Consider this: if you don't have money, you certainly have time and it's up to you, either you invest your time in learning something new or you can chill, watch tv ...etc (nothing productive). When it comes to poker you can take it as a full time job, part time or just as a hobby. None will be in your shoes, at least to tell you what you should do, because everyone is diffrent. I do believe that by putting the hard work and self discipline anyone can succeed and achieve what he aims for.
Now if you wanna take poker seriously you have to be well prepared, have a solid understanding of the game and its variance, there are gonna be some upswings and donwswings and it's all about the long term. you should never consider 1 month of results in poker.
About your family, when they don't share your passion with you it's a bit difficult, but I'm sure if they will see some results and you argue with them they gonna be by your side.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is both, but can be a great way to get extra income. But it is not something you can play once in a while to be real good. Like any sport, you have to be very serious about learning and getting better which means play play and play again.

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I am such a beginner (played daily for 2 years a long time ago and returned about 18 months ago and play daily) I don't believe I am qualified to answer this question, but I will give you my thoughts. As many have stated every person has their own agenda. Mine is strictly entertainment. The wife and I each put $20 in and said if we lose it we lose it, but we will have fun and re-learn online poker. We have both done very good on our small investment. But it is a huge time commitment, especially at the low stakes games we play.... Playing for 2-5 hours and clearing $1 - $10 is not good time management financially, but it is a good investment for entertainment reasons. Everyone has a different agenda, and even my own "entertainment" agenda has shifted slightly as I relearn online poker. Have fun with it and I hope you do earn a small amount of money each month to help you out.

A

ACE448

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my experience I started playing for fun. Currently it's all play money whilst I hone in on the theory behind the game and improve. I do plan to play for real money in the near future though. I would advise anyone against playing this game just for the sole purpose of making money if you didn't play it for fun beforehand. How do you know whether you will even enjoy it if you go straight in trying to make an income from it? It's fine whilst you're flying high, but what are you going to think of it when you're on a bad beat? So in my opinion, you need to love playing this game first and foremost.

I do think there are easier and better ways of making an income, if you have nothing coming in. Yes, poker is a quick way to perhaps make a quick buck or 2. Long run, you cannot beat the stability of a job for income (part or full-time), unless you are a serious player and a good one at that.

For me personally I aim to carry on treating it as a hobby first and foremost, with the added bonus of being able to make a small side income on top of my full-time employment. Consequently, if I lost it all it wouldn't make a difference to me. I believe this is a good mindset to have - rather similar to owning shares/crypto, but if you are aiming higher then the best of luck to you!

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have a supportive family either in this case. Many people want to believe that money only can afford by working hard. They probably can't even imagine how much learning and self-improvement needed to make steps and cashing more and more.
You should reach a point where you hearing others opinions but it won't bother & hurt you personally.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker for me is recreation and entertainment. But one day if I have the time and luck I will make poker a profession for myself.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I take poker very seriously, although in fact poker is just a hobby for me. I do not rule out the possibility that one day poker will be a good source of additional income for me. At least for now, I'm working hard on it.

F

freedom4L

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would be a serious way to make money if i was intelligent, talented and a hard working person but i unfortunately am very low in all of those aspects so its money burning entertainment for me

alison

alison

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for some professional players it can be serious but for me who am recreational it is fun

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
for me one is just a way to relax :), especially after work, which is quite stressful, it helps me a lot to relax poker game:)

T

TonyTadzh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker for me is more an entertainment

M

Marton Magyar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play very low stakes, too low to make an income. I still keep track of my results, as I look at it as an intellectual challenge.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I take everything seriously, including poker. Although poker is just great fun for me, I always try to be patient and never play with junk. Poker can certainly be profitable, but it will not be easy money. In any case, your dream is in your hands and it all depends on you. Good luck. :)

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it all depends on how you approach it.
If you just play for fun once in a while on the weekend, then you'll probably never make big money. But if you're willing to put in a lot of time and discipline, then you'll get better over time than someone who only does it sporadically.

I think it's also important to know your level and set realistic goals.
Playing a certain limit until you're good at it and then slowly moving up to higher buy ins should be the way to go. Don't want too much too soon. In the end there are certainly safer ways to make money consistently over a long period of time, but just like anywhere else, the more time you take and study, the better you get.

You also have to realize that there is an uncontrollable component to the game, and that is luck, but the more you get into the game the more you can minimize that influence and become more consistent out the back end than someone who is just gambling.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
For me depend of the tournament i play if its freeroll no its not serious until the last table .....before i play more aggressif......

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm not much for giving advice, sometimes it can be interpreted as good and sometimes bad, what can I say, that time is very important in Poker, if you want to win, if it's just entertainment with no intention of winning, it's a good reason for your fun or hobby. As I said, I'm not good at advice. Everything in life takes time. Good luck in your decision

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From my point of view, if you want to achieve something important in any discipline, you must dedicate time and dedication to it, without these two factors it will be difficult

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello

Poker is the only game that makes a person change his morals according to the stages the player goes through with opponents on the table or the cards we get. So sometimes it makes us honest and other times we may or must be dishonest to keep playing the game or win.
In general, deception or honesty are two things that are inseparable from poker, and both are important to achieving good results.
The most important thing is to accept it when we are deceived or vice versa

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to become good at whatever you do, you have to take it seriously.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker

hello. poker is a serious game comparable to chess. but there are people who take it seriously and others as a hobby. I tell you my experience in pokerstars. I started in the middle of the pandemic as a hobby at that time pokerstars gave away 5dlrs chests. I lost the first ones quickly. the others did not start to win in MTT. I played tournaments 1.10. and today I play tournament 2.2 to 11. dlrs. and withdraw money weekly. If you take it seriously it's not a waste of time. P.S. I studied looking for many hours. of videos. And I still do it to improve my game. good luck

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Someone likes the feeling of excitement, which awakens the spirit of adventurism and competition. For some, poker is a test of their luck and personal fate. Others will say that in the game they train their brain or their knowledge in the field of human psychology. But there is a separate category of players, whom the tongue does not turn to call it that. Those for whom poker has become a source of income. Here are just a few who can boast of serious success in this field. Because to win this game you need a special approach. And it's simple - treat poker like it's work. And how to treat her? Seriously, thoughtfully and with a well-thought-out plan of action. Of course, if you have a desire to do your job so that it brings the maximum positive result.