Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
All human beings have experienced at some point in life or even many times this to what we call intuition, that we realize or perceive something very quickly having a feeling that something is right or wrong, it is as if they caught on the alarms about perceiving something without needing to have investigated it.

This also happens when we play poker that we are in a game situation that alerts us to something when we are behind or ahead in a hand, we have a feeling or we have that feeling that something is wrong or right and we make that decision if I need to analyze the hand.

Has it ever happened to you? Have they played hands and made decisions by intuition? Have they been successful or have they failed? They say that poker players are very intuitive or is it because over time we have played so many hands that they have been in those game situations so many times and our brain has already collected a lot of information following those game patterns and that is why we take those decisions without analyzing them much.

This really happens sometimes. The more experience you get the more you catch these moments, dealing well with them.

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sometimes go against the odds, because of intuition. It helped me win before and it still does, but I do it rarely.

Maiuchi

Maiuchi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it is true sometimes it happens, usually I just think it was luck to believe that that hand would happen like that but finally I understand that it is purely intuition, that it is not managed or desired, it is simply something that runs through the body and the mind.

P

profressorsmith

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, there is definitely intuition that plays a part that some might consider luck. For example, playing a low pair knowing that other players have high cards, intuitively thinking your low card might hit the flop.

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If we have just started playing, then this is luck. With a lot of hands played, this can already be called intuition. Still, for intuition to work, we need to know a lot.

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, intuition is important in poker.

At the very beginning of a player's career, all decisions are new and complex for him, but over time, the brain learns to simplify them by combining them into groups and categories. Examples are familiar to everyone, these are pre-flop opening charts, post-flop hand groups, player types, and so on. In other words, the most common process of learning and consolidating the skills of the game is going on.
The more gaming experience you get, the better you are at making quick decisions based on your past experience. In other words, the intuition of a more experienced player who has played millions of hands can be many times better than that of someone who has just started getting acquainted with poker.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
How great would it be to get "Intuition" on your side throughout your life !
It looks like some people are more intuitive than others (women for instance), but we have all experienced the feeling, probably many times whether in our daily lives or in poker. We just knew what to do in certain situations, with no prior thinking or reasoning. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen as frequently as we would like it to, hence the studying and the hard work in order to gain the necessary experience for any competition.
Intuition is a great asset, yes. But is it reliable ?

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think this is an experience of the number of hands played which, at a subconscious level, is transformed into a reflex of a similar situation and leads to some logically correct action.

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All human beings have experienced at some point in life or even many times this to what we call intuition, that we realize or perceive something very quickly having a feeling that something is right or wrong, it is as if they caught on the alarms about perceiving something without needing to have investigated it.

This also happens when we play poker that we are in a game situation that alerts us to something when we are behind or ahead in a hand, we have a feeling or we have that feeling that something is wrong or right and we make that decision if I need to analyze the hand.

Has it ever happened to you? Have they played hands and made decisions by intuition? Have they been successful or have they failed? They say that poker players are very intuitive or is it because over time we have played so many hands that they have been in those game situations so many times and our brain has already collected a lot of information following those game patterns and that is why we take those decisions without analyzing them much.

Each one with theyr own. But i always try to think straight on my plays. I try not to guess what cards the oponent has, but the range he is representing, the pot odds ...etc ..