poker, illusion, reality or just a game.

B

bloody3d

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll Club Password Access

poker is a reality hobby .

Sebastian Wong

Sebastian Wong

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Although the discussion here is currently inactive, I want to add my thoughts. For me, poker is a complex real game that requires years of training, working on your mistakes and complete self-control to play effectively. It is also important to understand that it is normal to lose, the main thing is to draw the right conclusions and not to make the same mistakes in subsequent games. I have been playing for more than 5 years and I still understand that there is room to develop and learn. So if you think poker is an illusion, then it's just not your game.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All things can be different to each person,,, :deal:

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything is real, you just need to try. The best way to quickly learn to play is to hire a coach. There are even free options

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I believe that everything depends only on the skills and experience of the player. For me, poker is entertainment that gives me pleasure and allows me to make money.

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me it is just a game. That is probably because I haven't been able to win my first million. Once I win my first million, then I will be able to shift to the reality element of the question.

I do like the illusion idea here: when I win, I feel like it is an illusion that I won based on my skill, because I know how fragile those winnings are and that they will probably be put back into the "poker community". I need to play better and make better decisions in order to remove this illusion from my equation.

Good Luck and God Bless

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't think it is an illusion, it is a game and it has its way and its progress. There are many experiences, many up and down, which make it interesting!

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker will reflect what is inside of you. It gives back what you put into it.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me poker is not illusion nor reality it is just a game which I play when I am in the mood for it

I AGREE, I SEE THE POKER IN THIS SAME WAY. ALL MY bankroll WAS FROM FREEROLL GAMES. I DO NOT DEPOSIT EVEN A MONEY.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker is neither a problem nor a solution. The truth is that people create expectations that escape their reality. We have to be realistic with our true potential for everything in life.

D

DonkArmyFish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a big believer that what you put in is what you will take out, Look at ALL IN PAV from twitch 5 years ago played the micros but with constant study and improvment he has become one of the best players around the high stakes today.

Poker is an investment in yourself and hopefully you get a good ROI.

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to think that this is better than tv

But I do both at the same time...Watch TV and Play poker too.

Lots of fun!!

Thank you for listening!:icon_sant

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Poker is an investment that is very unpredictable.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree
the reality is that less than 5% of players win poker
but we all want to enter this 5%

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me the reality is that poker is an illusion for those who think they will win a lot of money and consider it just a game as a hobby.

I've been playing for a very long time (online, back to the Paradise Poker days), and over the years, I have realized that even though I have made a very small profit (true), it's not enough to even consider turning pro.

At first, I too, thought I would be able to conquer the poker world, and be rich, and poker feared.

So, for me, I'll stick to what I've done over the years, and settle for a few dollars, here, and there, and the odd tournament win.

If I ever win the Sunday Storm, my bucket poker list will be full.

D

Dougwant

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's an enjoyable game. I've won 1 trip 2 Vegas way back in 2006. Had a great time but didn't money. I'll just grind along dollar here dollar there. Hope for a big win someday. Haven;t won more then 1000 at 1 time online yet.
Crack my eggs not my Aces....lol
Have a great day

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Para mim é um hobby, jogo para me divertir e se ganhar um dinheiro ok.
I also agree that for many it is an illusion of making money and if it is to make money we have to study, study and practice and then it will turn into something more serious, that is, a job.
The more we have to spend time, a lot of time studying and practicing.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
i go for its juste game......but could be reality for some player....

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me, poker is primarily entertainment, pleasant pastime and fun, excitement

T

time2tell

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me its and easy and free way to possibly make some money. If I'm gonna waste time on my computer, might as well have the slight possibility of making money.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The reality is you can really make a good fortune out of nothing. when you trick people in making them believe that you have what ever you want them to think you have, that's the illusion you can create to help you make a lot of money fast. We are both living in the same real world but i'm making you believe that I have this so that you can fold or bluff and bet into me, that's the illusion one can create at the tables.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
For me its and easy and free way to possibly make some money. If I'm gonna waste time on my computer, might as well have the slight possibility of making money.
You might want to look at filling in some surveys for better ROI.

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me it is just a game that I enjoy playing. It is something I have been playing a long time and still enjoy the challenge of winning when I do. It keeps me young as I am getting older.

Beatlebug

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well if you get lucky and win the sunday million that would not be an illusion, just luck... so while i agree that you need to get lucky in order to win a good amount of money playing poker, i also think that the better players have more chances of becoming profitable players in the long run.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me the reality is that poker is an illusion for those who think they will win a lot of money and consider it just a game as a hobby.
Hi, Brazilian Bro! I think, the all our Life is an Illusion..,:rolleyes: including and Poker,:cool:
and etc. further down the list...:deal:

Top 10 Games