C

cotta777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's quite Ironic really I was introduced to Poker back in 2009/2010
and it was more of less an instant obsession I learnt the game and
shortly after I fell in love with the game.

I accidentally stumbled into late night poker on my television months after starting the game I watched a EPT London and loved the characters and the
tournament environment, since this was only on once a week I started watching
poker every night on sky showcase channel the suddenly it become clear to me!

to become great at this game I need to learn everything there is to learn about poker watch and read everything online every good book there is!

So I started on my quest to stardom and started to play online poker for money, I soon ran up a bankroll of +$900.00 playing tournaments and sit n go's
I also cashed in my first 2 live tournaments winning my 1st and I at that point in time really believed I was going to become pro and make television (insane)

Now to this day I've experienced minor success, making 2 final tables in live tournament satellite, cashing in WCOOP playing in several Sunday Millions and I've maintained a small profit in live cash games also online.
but I still very much regard myself as a novice poker player who on a good day can be a good player.

Anyway things changed I had two children since the dawn on 2012 and I figured what if I completely devote myself to something else in life that can bring me success and financial reward?
There I had it was called the game of Life!

since that day I made it my duty to become exceptional at taking money from people through developing great business and salesmanship skills since after all there is still a skill involved and a similar concept to poker in the sense
your aim is to take money from people to make a living!

So after reading many books and watching videos of some of the most successful men in the world it inspired me and gave me the knowledge to start my own ventures (afterall my profession was telesales) so it kind of made sense to put all this energy into something I have experience doing!

In the last two years I've turned around a small telesales company I worked for by implying everything I learnt from reading and watching business sales coaching I got assigned to a team and within 8 weeks my figures were higher than the other 7 members of the team put together so they asked me to train the office so that's what I did.
I've since just started my own business it's still early days working from home but I've established all the foundations and (yes) Still playing poker purely cash games for the time being I'm taking it slow and steady and viewing as additional income rather than a means to an end of employment..

But the fact of the story is guys poker turned my life around if I wasn't brought around to the way of thinking and if I never experienced what devoting myself to one source of income can do for progression I never would of too that step into my working life.

Just remember any one of you out there could make it in poker, but at the same time never forget there are many other ways you can use strategy to take money from people ;)
Starting with a few youtube videos :)

Good luck at the tables!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Was a great story, continual success in all endeavours.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well written, good what luck in poker life.. Basically, players many write what poker destroyer my life or all rigged!!

I hope to continue all your dreams will come true!!

K

Kibic1302

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We look forward to continued. Very intrigue me your story. Good luck! :)

X

xRedhood

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a mix of strategy, timing, luck, and intuition. These are the basis of taking fundamental thinking and applying it to everything. Great read.

M

Mrjamesbond1977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And thats why i love poker soo much.

G

gqr31ff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many people would say that this is impossible but I do believe it because everything depends on you while I play and have a good experience to develop themselves every day and believe that everything will turn out, and the time will come and I will professionally player

earn money yes but the poker game I love her
POKER IS LIFE!

J

JamaicanKid

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
woow...what a story.......so motivating......wishing u continued success

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow ..what if you devoted your time to solving world warfare or hunger or space exploration...or cancer....or homelessness...or finding the next new drug cartel....or robbing banks ...or figuring out what women really want

Jostone6

Jostone6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good story. When we do well in something and have a dream of reaching the top, we believe it is possible. But maybe life presents you with other ways and all can experience gained Facilitate new ways.
Cool, keep seeking success.

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great read. Thanks for posting. Good luck in your future activities.

J

jass503

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nice story!! i wonder if poker can chang my life as well im going to play as much as i can to become a pro i know its such a looooong way but playing everyday and improving my skills I CAN DO IT!! :jd4:

M

MidOhioBoss

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a very nice story. amazing how somethings change lives do easily

denisthemenys

denisthemenys

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very nice I think it depends on each person's ability to persevere to not get stuck in the same place even when things go wrong you wish to have more success in what you do

mendiolacubicle

mendiolacubicle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations sir! I admire these stories as in reality if you have been a grinder, professional poker player, all of the theories and techniques would apply somewhere else in life and you can use some of them and turn them to opportunities. Proud of your achievements sir! :)

L

losties

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's good to hear a success story, I'm hopping that I could be like you one day. Atm I have other things going on but I want to be at the level where I make some sort of profit. Your motivation will rub off on me and in glad that I've heard your story. I would like to see you take your business and make it very successful, it's rare these days to see things like this happen. You always hear it with big poker pro but even the average Joe can make it as well. I will follow your progress when I can. Good luck friend in life friend

ccocco

ccocco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to life story .. as so .. I congratulate you on your progress in the family sphere and in business. regards

joaabsimey

joaabsimey

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great history

What I can say is that poker with me helped me a lot too, my office engineering was all disorganized and had no control spending and the poker was repairing it.
Another thing is that I take very quick decisions and accurate thanks to poker.

B

Biznardian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great story. You can really achieve anything you put your mind to.
Good luck!

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker has helped me as well with learning

kabrouto22

kabrouto22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I loved reading your story.I hope you have such success in your future as well :)

nitulbhatia

nitulbhatia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its nice it inspired you to do well in your work and business. Good luck and wishes for you.

JustBeatIt

JustBeatIt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great story, and it shows that hard work and dedication can pay off at anything really. Just have to apply yourself to it, well done!

AlexBred

AlexBred

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a very interesting story! that concerns me, poker helps me to include brain and think.