Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well i lost my hair not because of poker :D haha

on a serious note : i think that the stress with playing poker especially high stakes CAN slightly increase hair loss . but not sure how much of an impact it really has

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
This is a very interesting topic. A lot of attention is paid to stress. But I would say something else. Poker requires intensive brain work and increases adrenaline levels in the blood. And this helps to increase the level of male hormones in the blood. Everyone knows that high levels of male hormones in the blood contribute to baldness. Everybody's hairy! Draw your conclusions.

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
Now I understand why it falls off, I started playing since I was 20 years old

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are not genetically predisposed, it is unlikely to get hair loss from poker. However, if you are continuously exposed to stress and play with money that you have nothing, then I could imagine that it leaves traces.

O

oroochimaru

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably not at high stakes poker tables since those players are far too disciplined to become emotional and stressed.
At small or low stakes poker, I can see the majority of players "malding". That includes me, but only when I have a rough run for a few weeks or months. :p
On a serious note, hairfall is a common problem faced by almost everyone after a certain age. There are many reasons for hair fall like hormonal changes, deficiency of nutrients, environmental effects and autoimmunity.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think that playing poker you can not only go bald, but you can also become gray

Have a couple of daughters afore you take up serious poker & the gray issue becomes moot.

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Doesn't seem to do that, still have thiccc hair.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope not, I wouldn't want to lose my hair playing poker.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm sure if you have the habit of pulling your hair when you lose a hand or leave the tournament, you'll be bald, dying of laughter:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I couldn't find a reason to link it . I don't think poker has to do something in your hair

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I don't think there's much connection between the two things. I have a lot of stress in other places yet my hair is not falling out (so far) :D

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In our body, everything is interconnected, especially the game for big money and stress.

Mihail Grinvich

Mihail Grinvich

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that the cause of hair loss is not a poker game, but some physiological disorders in the body. Although the cause may be stress from playing poker.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
If a person's hair follicles are hypersensitive to androgens, then due to an increase in testosterone levels, hair can fall out. Stress is indeed considered as one of the causes of hair loss. Athletes have chronic stress: it is both the excitement of victory and the excitement before important games. The main stress hormone is cortisol. Normal cortisol levels have a positive effect on hair growth, slow down the breakdown of hyaluronic acid and proteoglycans in the skin. High levels of cortisol contribute to vascular damage, reduced skin immunity, and hair loss. Decreased cortisol levels also have an effect on hair loss by causing imbalances in other hormones.

azteca6

azteca6

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I think one thing has nothing to do with the other, your hair falls out due to inheritance and stress, but I don't believe it because you play poker, it's just that your hair falls out on your own:D

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
lol what a funny topic ;p im playing since 10 years, my hair condition is allright, ive got a few silver on my head, but o dont think thats from poker. ;p im almoust 36 years old so i think is normal.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
All I can say is... hair is overrated! I shave mine off a lot.

It's because I have issues with my scalp.

I'm not sure if poker can make you lose your hair 🤔

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What? What issues can be with scalp?

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It mostly depends on genetics. Poker is a very high stressing game because of vairence, you can play your best, and still lose to some dude playing 7-2 and hitting it on the flop-turn-river.

There are products out there that help you keep your hair and in some cases, help you grow new hair. You might want to google that up.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I can not say the same friend that happens to you.
Look, when I started playing poker, my hair was like this

859526_10201305185743678_138726651_o.jpg

And after 20 years of playing poker I'm like this

405951_279263735473381_337082790_n.jpg

So I'll try to keep playing poker, even if the shampoo budget is too much. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Cheers

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
better not play with big entrances you'll be bald and very angry:Roflmao: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's all about stress in my opinion if po'er is a source of stress then yes it will accelerate aging..

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't think that poker has any effect on hair growth or hair loss, I think it depends on the person, for example, if they are very nervous, maybe it will affect them, but poker?? no, I do not think so🤣