Poker Gambling

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The guys have matured a question. Will you play poker if there is no money in It? Do you play poker just for the money, or for some other reason? Personally, I don't see any interest in playing poker without interest. To play Poker you need at least some interest! On a blank piece of paper to play it again. Will there be live Poker if you take away from it money or some prizes? Will Poker live if we all play for play money? My opinion is that if you cancel the Money or Prizes and to keep only play money in a year will be 100.000 and 50.000 in 2 years 25,000 and three years, 0 human. Only money or some material prizes keep Poker popular. It is hardly interesting to play it from an Intellectual point of view, without material rewards. Your thoughts on this matter, what do you say?

Last edited:
TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only times you should play poker without money is if you're learning from someone or playing a family home game for fun.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker without money is even worse than free rolls , have you ever played zynga or wsop poker apps? It becomes a bingo game without money at stake

Not I not played, but I you understand. Poker without money, you can only compete who steeper collect a particular combination. Although in the discussion with you I created the idea that if the place of Conditional Chips on poker stars would be Points, it would be much more interesting to play. If there was a leaderboard. Something like that.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only times you should play poker without money is if you're learning from someone or playing a family home game for fun.

But in a home game you have to put something! In Poker we have something to put, in Poker you can't just go. Playing at home, that they put? Matches? If you run out of matches? What then? Need to that the questioning, and the that you bet already there is the price. And if there is no price then I can put an infinite number of conditional chips. Let's say I bluff and bet one million matches, how do you answer me? What are you playing for home? I mean, what do you bet playing at home?

At Poker Stars, the price of conditional chips is Time.

We played at home with friends on the debt, it was interesting. Without debt or money to play Poker is not interesting. And match play is not serious.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But in a home game you have to put something! In Poker we have something to put, in Poker you can't just go. Playing at home, that they put? Matches? If you run out of matches? What then? Need to that the questioning, and the that you bet already there is the price. And if there is no price then I can put an infinite number of conditional chips. Let's say I bluff and bet one million matches, how do you answer me? What are you playing for home? I mean, what do you bet playing at home?

At Poker Stars, the price of conditional chips is Time.

We played at home with friends on the debt, it was interesting. Without debt or money to play Poker is not interesting. And match play is not serious.

When I played at home, I played against my grandfather and basically learned how to play heads up, learn bet sizes, how to bluff, how to disguise tells, and learned about hand equity. Those are the times I played at home for no money.

dgellitson

dgellitson

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Not I not played, but I you understand. Poker without money, you can only compete who steeper collect a particular combination. Although in the discussion with you I created the idea that if the place of Conditional Chips on Poker Stars would be Points, it would be much more interesting to play. If there was a leaderboard. Something like that.
That's a good idea, if only they'd offer rewards like free roll tickets or small value tickets for monthly leadrboard rewards the idiotic free play would cut by half. It would also help them increase sales of play chips as why people buy them when they offer no incentive baffles me.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The whole point of playing poker is betting on winning, and "I believe - I will not." Even the lotto game has a bet (price per card) if the bets are not the game will lose meaning.

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think so because it is a game for money. Free tournaments are not interesting to play, and any game for money is already considered to be excitement.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker at pokerstars for play money and love it. Contrary to what some others have said, play money poker games can be very challenging and enjoyable. There are a lot of Americans who play for play money on Stars, and these games tend to be a much higher calibre than most freerolls.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker without money is pointless, except for learning/studying. There must be money at stake and a fear of loss or else it is not a real poker game.

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes when nothing better to do i do play some poker games on play money just for fun. its nice sometimes to just play without stress

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's the same with watching sports,,,boring as hell without a little action on it,,,and its alot more fun winning $$$ at the end. :D

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see poker as a game, just like backgammon, and I never play for the money. However, playing 1-2 cent tables is a lot more interesting than playing for points only, simply because players take the game seriously when any kind of money is involved. Freerolls are also great because you are playing for money without risking anything. In my opinion, when you can't have fun playing poker without risking money you become a gambler first, and poker player a distant second.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have never understood the theory poker has to involve actual money. This is simply a personal preference.

Around the world in any given week tens of thousands engage in poker sites with play money. Many play every day and take the game extremely seriously -there are leagues and ranks where people compete earnestly.

The world is full of amateur people who love competing with each other across countless games and sports. Its human nature. Saying poker is only poker, 'real', if money is on the line is no different in my opinion to claiming golf is only golf if money is on the line (or any other activity humans engage in competitively).

We all grasp poker's popularity grew as a gambling game, but it does not mean it is not played competitively without money at stake.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes people take it more seriously when you play for actual money. But there are some players that are really good at play money too. They like the idea of winning/competing I think it’s like playing chess or another board game People still want to win.

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing for money or something as valuable as money makes the game more interesting. Without money involved poker is a seriously boring game. It is the same thing over and over again, just running out 5 cards to see who wins at the end (boring). When you add money into the mix, you add decision making, which makes the game interesting and fun. Any idiot can play poker for no money, but when you add money, the decisions you start to make about how to play certain hands in certain spots really matter. Money turns poker into a game of right decisions and wrong decisions measured and how much you win or lose in any given hand. When there is money involved there is always a right and wrong way to play a hand and a 100 ways in between that, the point of the game is to choose the road most profitable when you are strong or less destructive when you are weak and have a losing hand. Playing poker for money is playing poker, playing poker for nothing is just playing cards with poker rules, cards can be fun but poker is a totally different beast. Money is the game of poker and the game of poker is money, all based on right and wrong decisions to acquire said money.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The guys have matured a question. Will you play poker if there is no money in It? Do you play poker just for the money, or for some other reason? Personally, I don't see any interest in playing poker without interest. To play Poker you need at least some interest! On a blank piece of paper to play it again. Will there be live Poker if you take away from it money or some prizes? Will Poker live if we all play for play money? My opinion is that if you cancel the Money or Prizes and to keep only play money in a year will be 100.000 and 50.000 in 2 years 25,000 and three years, 0 human. Only money or some material prizes keep Poker popular. It is hardly interesting to play it from an Intellectual point of view, without material rewards. Your thoughts on this matter, what do you say?
for me poker is a gamble, if in poker there are no money bets in any games, then I won’t play; for me it makes no sense to spend time in poker empty, I’d better find another card game or other games where money bets and prizes are held in money, so poker for me is a game of chance but with good gaming skills and luck!

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker without money is pointless, except for learning/studying. There must be money at stake and a fear of loss or else it is not a real poker game.

To learn on such games is unrealistic. Very different things.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To learn on such games is unrealistic. Very different things.

Yes, I should have been more specific. You can learn the basic mechanics of the game. You will never learn good strategy. Thanks.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see poker as a game, just like backgammon, and I never play for the money. However, playing 1-2 cent tables is a lot more interesting than playing for points only, simply because players take the game seriously when any kind of money is involved. Freerolls are also great because you are playing for money without risking anything. In my opinion, when you can't have fun playing poker without risking money you become a gambler first, and poker player a distant second.

Yes you are right playing on $1-2 cent much more interesting than simply so. Playing $1-2 cents can be a great time to relax and unwind and nothing to strain. Just playing for fun. At least some stirrups that would not be quite boring .)

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips

I personally won’t play poker without a prize, as this game was created for the incentive of players. It is poker, one of the only money games that is popular throughout the world, as it has a large number of combinations. There are no other card games that were as popular as poker. Of course, you can play other games in the yard or in a small company, but this will quickly get boring.

C

charliej

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's the thrill of winning money that makes poker what it is.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

You're wrong.
Good example can be found at games.mail.ru

This is a site where you can play games for free, backgammon, pool, chess and many other card and table games.

They've started online poker section, with texas holdem. There is no money involved, virtual chips only, you can't exchange these chips to money, however you can buy chips with money... It's insanely popular and this popularity is growing.

We've been playing live poker many times for different interests, sometimes with no interest. It's still fun. Playing for push ups is interesting too. 1st place makes no push ups, 2nd makes 20, 3rd = 4-, 6th place = 120. It was fun, cause we've been bit drunk, wearing costumes during the after party at the second day of the wedding. I did 40, guy who did 120 during like 8 attempts was wet and funny with his red face on top of the white shirt and white suit.:elefant:

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling