Poker Future

T

theresets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every single time I look at poker news all I see is bad news for the future of poker, especially online. Whether it's the bills for legalizing online poker failing again, or online poker laws becoming more strict in Australia in the near future. Online poker just isn't catching a break in the grand scheme of things. Is there a still a shot at a career in poker if you aren't sure you are crushing the game before hand?

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online poker has been badly damaged in recent times. However, believing that online betting will continue to grow, especially in emerging markets.

Odysseus101

Odysseus101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that with globalization and governments by necessity having to co-operate to trace money across international borders, companies like poker sites which operate from the Isle of Man or wherever are going to be facing increased pressure. Tax evasion, money laundering, hiding funds in offshore accounts, corruption and bribery, all depend on a lack of international monetary co-operation. Poker sites are going to get swept up in that slowly tightening net.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just like any other time those that work the hardest at the game will be rewarded. The only difference now is the potential reward is much smaller than in the past. Instead of Maserati think Mazda instead.

Odysseus101

Odysseus101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just like any other time those that work the hardest at the game will be rewarded. The only difference now is the potential reward is much smaller than in the past. Instead of Maserati think Mazda instead.

Yeah, I agree with that absolutely. When I was a teen we all played Euchre at lunch time, I played some gin for nickels, and speed chess for a buck. On weekends my gang would play "dealer's choice", lots of Blind Baseball, low card or one eyed jacks wild, that sort of thing. It was fun.

But for years now the poker culture has led to a new generation who play holdem quite well. There are still fish on the sites, but the average player is much better and there are a lot more "decent" players than 10 years ago when I started playing online. Back then it was fast and furious. These days, the tables seem full of grinders from countries where making a few bucks on poker daily is a living.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is nothing to be surprised. We work in Ukraine closed the Titan website. And in Russia, threatening to close the pokerstars.

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i believe all is the good.
more fishes, more money :)

Fernanda37

Fernanda37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nowdays the news may be bad, but I think that the future of poker can just grow up in general

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yeah , poker is being targeted in many countries for taxes , for money laundering , etc . But it still stands its ground for now , for the future who knows for sure ... But I'm optimistic , as long men want to bet (on sports , on everything ) poker wil be finding its way to survive and maybe expand . Someday things are going to be much better .

migesan

migesan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
now i really does not have any future, players are constantly conditioned by the new rules, and now in countries outside the eu impossible no substantial deposit money. :(

ubo

ubo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the future is for poker, but it seems to me to be not so great.
Especially as it is now began to play a new players , only hope for luck...

Padlington

Padlington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online gambling in England has got more virulent as of late, not only poker but other type of games are being push very hard, all countries want there bite of the cherry as far as tax is concerned, many player still believe that online poker is fixed or open to collusion which spoils the game, only time will tell if there is a long term future for online poker, I personally hope there is

thaysen13

thaysen13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the poker future will be big because the usa can get back on poker

Odysseus101

Odysseus101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looking at the political landscape in the US, if online poker returns there it will be on sites either owned by individual states or at least closely monitored by the IRS and FBI.

US is very concerned to the point of paranoia of money getting funneled to terrorist organizations. In the US any large bank transfers overseas, I think it's $10,000 or more, get recorded by the authorities. I can't even transfer a few hundred bucks between accounts in canada and US which I have without filling out IRS forms and accepting a verbal disclaimer about reporting the information each and every time, has to be done over the phone.

D

DrakeM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The future of Poker seems a bit uncertain in the US right now, and I doubt that Trump will change anything in this regard.

In some European countries there are still unanswered questions about how or even if Poker winnings are taxed.

Besides that and with Asia as Poker Domain still developing, Id say the future Poker is not in danger.

D

Davlic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but still will. I will not do legally. Dumb only countries I believe

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad news upset of course, but we hope for the best

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad news are usually for online poker.
Online poker have a lot problems,but live have good way in next years.
Anyway i think poker will continue to play,and there will be a lot new players in next years.