Is Poker Fun to You?

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just cant understand how people are enjoying playing poker.
Is it enjoyable watching a Random number generator until it says 1/221 ?
Is it enjoyable really?
waiting for aq+ to shove into your ak to dominate your opponent
or get unlucky with a shortstack and aj into aq
well whatever i dont get why everybody else is even playing this game
Whats the funnest part of this game to YOU!?

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I just cant understand how people are enjoying playing poker.
Is it enjoyable watching a Random number generator until it says 1/221 ?
Is it enjoyable really?
waiting for aq+ to shove into your ak to dominate your opponent
or get unlucky with a shortstack and aj into aq
well whatever i dont get why everybody else is even playing this game
Whats the funnest part of this game to YOU!?

Hey AKQ, looking at the number of posts you have here, I assume that you are a poker player yourself, so unless it's not the case, I don't understand your confusion about people liking the game.
Doesn't the unpredictability of the outcome of any hand (AQ vs AJ, TT vs AK...) provide enough excitement by altering the flow of adrenaline ? perhaps, that's what people, or at least some, unconsciously or not, are looking for. But then again, the whole game is similar to a single hand in the way that you are in or out. Some people are just not cut out for the ups and downs and some are. Some play and some don't. Trying to understand why is a huge psychological endeavor.
Whether you are a player or not, good luck to you :).

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey AKQ, looking at the number of posts you have here, I assume that you are a poker player yourself, so unless it's not the case, I don't understand your confusion about people liking the game.
Doesn't the unpredictability of the outcome of any hand (AQ vs AJ, TT vs AK...) provide enough excitement by altering the flow of adrenaline ? perhaps, that's what people, or at least some, unconsciously or not, are looking for. But then again, the whole game is similar to a single hand in the way that you are in or out. Some people are just not cut out for the ups and downs and some are. Some play and some don't. Trying to understand why is a huge psychological endeavor.
You are correct! I also like how anyone can sit down to the table and win against anybody on any given sunday

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Standing on a mountain of dead bodys is a thrill too MTT 1st

swimbles

swimbles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah mate.

Poker is quite fun to me; I like the math components of the game as well as the excitement it provides.

As soon as poker stops being enjoyable, I'll stop playing until it does again. It's not a platform to make money for me (even though sometimes it definitely can be), it's a fun hobby I indulge in from time to time.

A

adueno81

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like playing poker. It's fun

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah mate.

Poker is quite fun to me; I like the math components of the game as well as the excitement it provides.

As soon as poker stops being enjoyable, I'll stop playing until it does again. It's not a platform to make money for me (even though sometimes it definitely can be), it's a fun hobby I indulge in from time to time.
yeah as soon as I heard about a game that makes money ....I was hooked
I loved playing video games FFT japanesxe RPGS PS1 strategy

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think live poker is fun, I really have good times when I can play live and the nicest part to me is to try to read your opponents. online poker is not that much fun to me because it’s a lot more difficult to read the other players. If I couldn’t win money playing online, I would still play, but not that much.

Last edited:
SgtStarMan

SgtStarMan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a lot of fun for me. I don't even mind studying. I embrace the competition (and try to embrace the variance).

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fun, if you can get beyond the non-random

Poker is fun and games. Not to be taken seriously. Due to variance, every player gets put in their place. The outliers, the lucky ones, if you fixate on them, it can get to you. Why do THEY have all the luck, and not you?
It's easy to forget that the "winners" have to go through bad stretches, just like all the other players.
Good luck to all, maybe you'll be the lucky star in your next session.

SgtStarMan

SgtStarMan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is fun and games. Not to be taken seriously. Due to variance, every player gets put in their place. The outliers, the lucky ones, if you fixate on them, it can get to you. Why do THEY have all the luck, and not you?
It's easy to forget that the "winners" have to go through bad stretches, just like all the other players.
Good luck to all, maybe you'll be the lucky star in your next session.
Remember, it's the variance that keeps the losing players coming back.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I enjoy playing very much, and have a lot of fun while I am doing it. :) I really enjoy competition, which is why I started playing tournaments two and a half years ago. The other thing that I like about it is the social aspect, which is why I do prefer live games the most. As for a random number generator affecting my outlook. I really don't think much about it whether it is some algorithm in a computer program, or a living man or woman who deals the cards. That is just a part of the game. :)

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any little even interesting game always attracts with excitement. And in poker, money is also mixed. It's kind of like double excitement in the game.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I love this game and most of all, CardsChat. I have played seriously online since 2005. There was an online poker club that I paid $25 per month to belong to. They, like CardsChat, had daily tournaments. In 2014, I retired. Shortly afterwards, I found CardsChat. It has made a daily difference in my life and made Poker that much more enjoyable. Having daily opportunities to play the game I love and possibly win money, but definitely gain experience is a huge bonus in my life. Meeting folks like yourself online gives me much pleasure. Good question. Thank you.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
For me, poker is a favorite hobby and a great pastime after a hard day's work. I play for fun, and money is just a side effect, a nice bonus.
Good luck.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think live poker is fun, I really have good times when I can play live and the nicest part to me is to try to read your opponents. Online poker is not that much fun to me because it’s a lot more difficult to read the other players. If I couldn’t win money playing online, I would still play, but not that much.

I began originally playing live in leagues and fell into an underground Florida poker fight club!!!
Sam Farha and Gus Hansen love to play their reads!
"Poker is all about the bluff"
online poker reads require you to watch betting sizes ,ranges, and tendancys
Its different but same concepts as live

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any little even interesting game always attracts with excitement. And in poker, money is also mixed. It's kind of like double excitement in the game.
Money!!
I can't think of a thing that excites others more!
not I of course...I don't divulge in such mortal indulgences:D

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi.
For me, poker is a favorite hobby and a great pastime after a hard day's work. I play for fun, and money is just a side effect, a nice bonus.
Good luck.
If we're not enjoying life than what the hell are we doing right?:rolleyes:

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is fun for me but the funniest thing in poker is when you win a hand. That makes me happy.

B

Bena

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always try to have fun playing poker

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love poker. The math, the logic, the pressure. But to be honest, I'm more attracted to it for the money. :):)