Poker Face: In the Game and in Real Life

LenilsonF7

LenilsonF7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably everyone has heard of the phrase "Poker Face". This expression is used to describe people who show no emotion while playing a Poker hand.

For those of you who play Poker live, you have certainly dealt with these types of players, who do this so as not to make it easier for you to read your actions and mislead your opponent.

Time they pretend no emotion, time will show too many emotions, hence the expression "Poker face".

This strategy is one of the essentials of the game of Poker, we can not deny. Players who when they have a strong game will find some way to make you believe they do not, and if they have a weak game they will want to intimidate you and show you have a very good hand.

In our daily lives, we are surrounded by people who want to persuade us to do something all the time for their own benefit.

Be it a co-worker, a neighbor, a salesman, a homeless or even a close relative like our children and wife, ah, ah, ah ...

But what they do not know is that Poker opens our eyes to those situations where people want to take advantage of us. Poker gives us the ability to read many of these situations where they are using this strategy: "Poker face".

Once we start playing Poker, we will never see people with the same eyes again, as we become more attentive in reading people and their actions, leading us to know how to deal with them.

And you, my colleagues in the CardsChat forums, have already noticed this, can you report some situation where people used "Poker face"?

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that this poker skill can be very useful in everyday life in two directions - the first is to be able to remain calm in an extreme situation as we do in the game when we go all-in on the bubble)))
and the second is the ability to "read your opponent" it may be useful in a situation when someone wants to deceive you!)

ajtrevor

ajtrevor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like poker can also teach you discipline which can help a lot in your real life.

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I'm like that and I have a buddy who is same too.
If I see some positive in you, I will speak, tell my stories and if I'm on the level or have experience in something if you ask I will give you advise, but only if you ask.
I speak when Im asked, saw that formula is the best for me in life.
I don't push my ideas to anyone, even when they are in a obvious problem, because there is people who don't want to take your thinking and they get offended.
Strategy of poker face would be one of the best ever, showing no mercy you will achieve more respect and when you're not showing emotions it is very hard to be read.
They say people who don't cry, cry inside them and I would take that.
It's much more easier to show emotion then to keep it inside you.
That through the life could and will be accumulated and at some time will burst.
Man should know when its time to be like a little puppy and when to represent lion.
There is many moments in life which will build you as a person and
knowing, remembering that moments may be used as a "weapon" for those who will come and end in your benefit.

Last edited:
N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The ability to better read people emotions as well as covering your own is definitely useful ability in poker as well as life.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I better play poker in real life than at the tables

Top 10 Games